Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Changeling

What rating would you give "The Changeling"?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Changeling"?

• 5. It's great, I loved it!
    • 4. It's good
    • 3. It's average
    • 2. It's not that good
    • 1. I hated it!

Woo! First vote on the poll for this one and first review. Too bad it was for this episode.

Yeah, didn't enjoy this one all that much. Scotty and Uhura getting a bit more cameratime, which I think is good. But seriously, that the Nomad didn't start terminating anything that was found to be biological, even despite Kirk's commands, would have been acceptable, except that it didn't even question Kirk, at the very least stating that it was counter to its programmed mission.

And really a shame that the solution ended up being a recycled one. Really made it a meh, though I did like the fast full that Kirk pulled to finally confuse it to the point of destruction.

Nice work from Nimoy, sounding as computer-like as possible with the joining with it, though I would have called the connection a little too far flung, and I still feel that way. I mean, joining with an unknown life form to communicate is a stretch in itself, but somehow, this makes me feel that Spock missed his calling. He should have joined with cars with problems. He would have save mechanics and customers thousands on the costs of diagnostics alone.

I liked this one. One of the first episodes where Kirk does his classic "talks the computer into destroying itself" speech.... :blink:

Uhura hust be an incredibly quick study. She went from 1st grade to Starfleet graduate by the end of the episode!

Howcum nobody ever asked Scotty what it was like to be dead? The sure pestered Spock about it enough.

Sign in to follow this