A l t e r E g o

Are Palgueis & Sidious the same?

Are Palgueis & Sidious the same?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Are Palgueis & Sidious the same?

• Yes it's possible
    • No it's impossible

EPISODE III SPOILERS BELOW

First let me say I never read ANY SW novel so please forgive if there is something I missed which proves my theory impossible but I had to post my feelings about this.

Could Palgueis & Sidious be the same soul?

That is the first thing I wondered of when I heard Sidious's little speech to Anakin on the legend of Bane.

If the legend is true then Bane could have found a way to bring him-self back from the dead & perhaps he will again in another thousand years?

Edited by Alterego

Click For Spoiler
Darth Bane and Darth Sidious are not the same person.

The speech he gives Anakin at the Opera House concerns Darth Plagueis, who was Darth Sidious' master, before Sidious killed him.

That's implied in the speech, brilliantly by Ian McDiarmid. :laugh:

Edited by The King

It was the legend of Darth Palgueis.

325527[/snapback]

Actually I was not sure of the name but I knew someone would respond with the correct name if nothing else. :laugh: I've corrected my post and poll thank you.

Click For Spoiler

325529[/snapback]

I take it the info about Plagueis being Sidious's master comes from a novel then and Sidious was only lying about it being legend to seduce Anakin. The Sith have NO actual ability to sustain life?

Click For Spoiler
I take it the info about Plagueis being Sidious's master comes from a novel then and Sidious was only lying about it being legend to seduce Anakin. The Sith have NO actual ability to sustain life?

I think it's from one of the versions of the scripts where Sidious clearly tells Anakin "I killed him" referring to killing Plagueis while he sleeps. He actually mentions that he cut him in half with a lightsaber. None of it of course made it into the movie. From the tone of Palpatine's voice and the look on his face while he tells the tale to Anakin, to me it's almost certain that HE was the apprentice.

I think the Sith probably do have life sustaining abilities to a point. But as for cheating death forever? No, I don't think they have that particular ability.

That was most likely a lie to motivate Anakin to join the Dark Side to save his wife.

Ironically, joining the Dark Side actually killed his wife.

According to SW.com, Palpatine would make clones of himself and implant his current memory into one. That way he could basically, live forever.

Click For Spoiler

325535[/snapback]

The script being changed only deepens the mystery imo. I wonder if at the last minute Lucas decided the idea of enlarging the scope of Sith abilities in this way could be used as a tool for providing future storylines after E6. Have any stories been written about that time?

According to SW.com, Palpatine would make clones of himself and implant his current memory into one. That way he could basically, live forever.

325539[/snapback]

Who; members or the actual site, that is canonized fact?

The script being changed only deepens the mystery imo. I wonder if at the last minute Lucas decided the idea of enlarging the scope of Sith abilities in this way could be used as a tool for providing future storylines after E6. Have any stories been written about that time?

I think the Expanded Universe develops the timeline after Return Of The Jedi. It concerns Han Solo and Leia having children and forming a New Republic. It also deals with Luke founding a new Jedi order. I haven't read any of the EU novels though, but I think Kaileron is the expert on that.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/palpatine/?id=eu

Second paragraph. It's EU.

325564[/snapback]

Thank you very much for the link Sea Trooper! I guess that changes direction for speculations on this topic; now I wonder if he had a clone activated before Vader threw him into the death star power grid, (or what ever it was) it may not be over yet...

I think the Expanded Universe develops the timeline after Return Of The Jedi. It concerns Han Solo and Leia having children and forming a New Republic. It also deals with Luke founding a new Jedi order. I haven't read any of the EU novels though, but I think Kaileron is the expert on that.

325563[/snapback]

I'm starting to think a happy ending for them is further away than I thought. I look forward to Kaileron's comments, thanks for all your input King.

One of Palpatine's clone's spirits is supposed to posess Anakin Solo too, when he was young.

"Anakin Solo"? :laugh: Who's that? Or did you mean Anakin & Solo? And you mean Hans Solo once was possessed by a Sidious sprit? If so then that is weird; I may have to rethink my plans of getting into the SW novels while I wait for more Trek.

:lol: Alright, Anakin Solo is Han and Leia's youngest son.

325837[/snapback]

:laugh: Oh I get it now, that makes sense. My plan to read some Wars books is back on track again though I may steer clear of the EU for a while focusing instead on the backstory material...