Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Chat Room Trivia Session #36 || Newbie Session

All Aboard The Trivia Train...

LIVE from the StarTrekFans.net Chat Room

It is the 'nearly famous' Master Q Trivia Session

320x240.jpg

Session #36 will be commencing Saturday, April 30, 2005 at 4:00 P.M. Eastern Time in the chat room.

IT'S **FEARLESS** TRIVA.........WITH MASTER Q!

New to Chat Room Trivia?Join us session #36, tell me that you are new, and you will receive five official bonus points up-front! Give it a try because I think you will like it. I'm painless! All I ask is that you join in session #36 and then give the newbie session a try, which will be held the following day at the same time. If you like it, then I hope you become a regular. Don't like it---then no harm done. Sometimes the questions can by tricky, but don't worry because the trivia is all about having fun and being entertained!

Newbie Session N1Sunday, May 1, at 4:00 P.M. Eastern Time please join me as I host a session exclusive to newbies. Not a newbie? Well, you can still join this time! Depending on how many real newbies are there will dictate the level of participation that you, a regular participant, can give.

Help Spread the Word!Help SpaceTigger and I spread the word about StarTrekFans.net's Official Star Trek Trivia! Get the word out to your fellow trekkies and trekkers about both the message board trivia and the chat room trivia. The best way we can expand is by word-of-mouth. We would appreciate it so much of you to let people know about our trivia. Let's try to grow the trivia! Thank you.

Pre-Live Trivia:

I am either going to give all of you a very direct problem having to do with algebra or a quiz on economics... (Will come soon.)

post-68-1104456831.gif

Pre-Live Trivia:

Want to solve a mind-bending challenging Q game!?

Now here is your chance! With Master Q's Pre-Live Trivia!

OK, OK. Well, I better post it before I forget! LOL!

I came across an interesting article in my archives of files concerning classical mechanics, and I was debating if I should post something relevant to what I read in this article as the Pre-Live Trivia question... But I'll instead just post the article here for your interest (or lack of ---LOL). [At the end of this post I'll put the article up]

The question I have this time is concerning elementary algebra. Way back when, when I was about 12 or 13 years of age the most satisfying and 'elegant' math problem I solved, for 'fun' in my free time, had to do with a general form of a two by two system of linear equations. Now, that is not too difficult or too bad, but for that age that was something and quite an accomplishment for me! I loved to play around with algebra as a kind of hobby back then. I actually have a (medium-to-large sized) booklet of notes from back then, and I was looking through them a week ago and came across the work I did for this problem. (hehehehe--- I have a big happy face next to the answer! As many do......... And today I still play around with math problems like this and keep track of it all in a couple of big notebooks-----but the math is slightly more advanced compared to back then. LOL.) I no doubt taught myself more mathematics then school taught me, back then, at least for the most part.

What I would like to see from you is a try at the same exact problem that I solved, and I want you to try to solve it in the same basic method that I used. I solved the problem using 'pure substitution.' No easy and/or fast 'tricks'.

We have two general linear equations:

Ax + By = C
Dx + Ey = F

Using good old substitution --------by the way, this is the same main method I used to show how to solve the "age" problem for session #31. [View HERE] B)

~So I want one good (simplified) answer for what "x" equals in that 2x2 system. It has to, of course, satisfy both equations.

~And the same for "y".

Okay, make sense? Good!

And this time... I am willing to give a few hints and help, if you need it. B) (Just ask.)

Give it a try!

Rules Concerning Submitting Answer: Before session #36 starts, please send me a private- chat room message. In this chat room message include the answer to the problem.

The first THREE people to answer correctly will receive four official trivia points each!! Good deal, huh!?

---------------------------------------------------------

As promised here is the article from my "stack of stuff"......

Heavy Boots

The following was a post to a newsgroup in 1992.

About 6-7 years ago, I was in a philosophy class at the University of Wisconsin, Madison (good science/engineering school) and the reaching assistant was explaining Descartes. He was trying to show how things don’t always happen the way we think they will and explained that, while a pen always falls when you drop it on Earth, it would just float away if you let go of it on the Moon.

My jaw dropped a little. I blurted, “What?!” Looking around the room I saw that only my friend Mark and one other student looked confused by the TA’s statement. The other 17 people just looked at me like, “What’s your problem?”

“But a pen would fall if you dropped it on the Moon, just more slowly.” I protested.

“No it wouldn’t.” the TA explained calmly, “because you’re too far away from Earth’s gravity.”

Think. Think. Aha! “You saw the APOLLO astronauts walking around on the Moon, didn’t you?” I countered, “Why didn’t they float away?”

“Because they were wearing heavy boots.” He responded, as if this made perfect sense (remember, this is a Philosophy TA who’s had plenty of logic classes.)

By then I realized that we were each living in totally different worlds, and did not speak each other’s language, so I gave up. As we left the room, my friend Mark was raging. “My God! How can all those people be so stupid?”

I tried to be understanding. “Mark, they knew this stuff at one time, but it’s not part of their basic view of the world, so they’ve forgotten it. Most people could probably make the same mistake.” To prove my point, we went back to our dorm room and began randomly selecting names from the campus phone book. We called around 30 people and asked each this question:

1. If you’re standing on the Moon holding a pen, and you let go, will it

a ) float away

b ) float where it is, or

c ) fall to the ground?

About 47% [MQ NOTE: WOW... A bit less then half.] got this question correct. Of the ones who got it wrong, we asked the obvious follow-up question:

2. You’ve seen films of the APOLLO astronauts walking around the Moon; why didn’t they fall off?

About 20% of the people changed their answer to the first question when they heard this one! But the most amazing part what that about half of them confidently answered, “Because they were wearing heavy boots.”

I say, science education must be at an all-time peak.

The Heavy Boots article was forwarded to Adrian Melott, a professor of physics at a biggish state university. The following was his response.

I decided to settle this question once and for all. Therefore, I put two multiple-choice questions on my Physics 111 test, after the study of elementary mechanics and gravity.

13. If you are standing on the Moon, and holding a rock, and you let it go, it will

a ) float away

b ) float where it is

c ) move sideways

d ) fall to the ground

e ) none of the above

25. When the Apollo astronauts were on the Moon, they did not fall off because:

a ) the Earth’s gravity extends to the Moon

b ) the Moon has gravity

c ) they wore heavy boots

d ) they had safety ropes

e ) they had spiked boots

The response showed some interesting patterns: the first question was generally of average difficulty, compared with the rest of the test; 57% got it right. The second question was easier; 73% got it right.

So, we need more research to explain the people who got #25 right, but did not get #13 right.

The second interesting point is that these questions proved to be excellent discriminators; i.e., success on these two questions proved to be an extremely good predictor of overall success on the test.

On the first question, 92% of those in the upper quarter of the test got it right; only 20% of those in the bottom quarter did. They generally chose answers ( a ) or ( b ). On the second question, 97% in the upper quarter got it right and 33% in the lower quarter did. The big popular choice of this group was ( c ) 33% chose heavy boots, followed closely by safety ropes at 27%.

A telling comment on the issue of fairness in teaching elementary physics: two students asked if I was going to continue asking them about things they had never studied before in class.

post-68-1104456831.gif

Why join Session N1 this Sunday?

You have a lot of good reasons to join this Sunday. It does not matter if you a newbie, regular, semi-regular, or whatever.

I added some 'extra' Star Trek trivia questions! It not only has questions from the past, but also some new ones as well. Actually, if you add up all the questions in this session there are a total of 100!

This session goes beyond a "Newbie Session." The title "Newbie Session" does not give this session justice anymore because of some of the massive changes I have made to it. It does pander in hoping to get some new people, but it is also for regulars. Why am I doing this? To do something different! And I know some of you can not make the Saturday chats, so maybe you can try to make this one.

NOTE: The amount of points you can make in this session has yet to be determined. Everyone that comes can make a good number of points, but there will be a limit and it also depends on how many real 'newbies' are there and so forth.

This session is not going to become a give away of massive amounts of points. Some of the questions are on the easier side, specifically made for people that just want to start up in the trivia. I think the first forty+ questions that are on this level will be a good starter and warm-up for new people. So it will be a great way new people can join in...(But...again...anyone can join.)

post-68-1104456831.gif

Pre-Live Trivia

I am disappointed! I'm leaving this up and available to answer. (Like usual, David was the only person to get the Pre-Live Trivia correct.)

If you think you know the answer, then please post it here (with your work)! You can still make four points.

Need some help? I'm here to help. Show me the work you have and I'll give some hints and be a guide to help...

Questions & Answers:

Q1: What Klingon weapon is approximately half as long as the bat’leth?

Click For Spoiler

Q2: Kell, a special emissary from the Klingon High Command, used a ________ transmitter to send signals directly to La Forge. [Fill in the blank!]

Click For Spoiler

Q3: These signals were attempting to command La Forge to assassinate who?

Click For Spoiler

Q4: Who participated in the Officer Exchange Program and under what captain & ship did this person serve?

Click For Spoiler

Q5: This chemical compound in the Starfleet emergency thruster pack is usually secure, but is likely to explode under a condition that is higher then 350 rads of radiation. What is it?

Click For Spoiler

Q6: The Voyager’s Emergency Medical Hologram’s mobile emitter was made from what?

Click For Spoiler

Q7: In the episode “Wolf in the Fold,” what device did Kirk order be used on Montgomery Scott?

Click For Spoiler

Q8: What is the unit of measure of subspace distortion?

Click For Spoiler

Q9: The holo-simulation “Neelix One” was a medical program that provided what?

Click For Spoiler

Q10: What’s the title of the holodeck program seen in “Code of Honor”?

Click For Spoiler

Q11: The Doctor’s holodeck program called “Doctor’s family program Beta-Rho” was seen in what episode?

Click For Spoiler

Q12: What are the titles of all the episodes where Moriarty appeared?

Click For Spoiler

Q13: The Hoobishan baths is the legendary spa on what planet?

Click For Spoiler

Q14: What color are the oceans on the planet Trill?

Click For Spoiler

Q15: Due to the biologically interdependence of symbiont & host, after how many hours can they not survive without the other?

Click For Spoiler

Q16: True/False: Some Trill symbionts can be severely damaged by beaming.

Click For Spoiler

Q17: The Enterprise-D’s Shuttlecraft 9 was directed into the _______ wormhole. [Fill in the blank!]

Click For Spoiler

Q18: What small shuttle vehicle is used for the inspection tours at an orbital drydock facility?

Click For Spoiler

Q19: A Galaxy-class starship is usually said to have how many shuttlebays?

Click For Spoiler

Q20: Enterprise-D’s Shuttlecraft 1 was named after the Russian nuclear scientist and peace advocate Andre ______. [Fill in the blank!]

Click For Spoiler

--> YELLOW ALERT! <--

**AN ACTIVITY**

-|-|-|-_'Never' Ending Sentence_-|-|-|-

Q21: In the mirror universe, what major Empire was conquered by the Alliance, which was comprised of Klingons & Cardassians?

Click For Spoiler

Q22: Subsequent to years after the fall of the Terran Empire, the Terran Resistance formed; this was formed by whom?

Click For Spoiler

Q23: The Mirror-Universe’s Sisko led the resistance in a hidden base located where?

Click For Spoiler

Q24: In what episode did the Terrans finally force the Alliance out of the Mirror-Universe’s Deep Space Nine station?

Click For Spoiler

Q25: After Kai Opaka left, who were the two leading vedek contenders to be the next kai?

Click For Spoiler

Q26: In what DS9 episode do we first get to meet Winn?

Click For Spoiler

Q27: What tablet carried in Dr. McCoy’s medical pouch did Kirk use to illuminate a cave in “Friday’s Child”?

Click For Spoiler

Q28: What Federation settlement did Dr. Janice Lester, in the body of Kirk, want to send Kirk, in the body of her former self?

Click For Spoiler

Q29: The ancient civilization of the Beta Portolan system, were wiped out centuries ago by what parasitical life-form?

Click For Spoiler

Q30: What beings are captured and brought to the planet Triskelion by the Providers?

Click For Spoiler

Q31: What drill thrall fought Kirk on the planet Triskelion?

Click For Spoiler

Q32: On Star Trek Four, when a commanding officer of the Enterprise said; “We have an intruder in #4 MMR...” What does MMR stand for?

Click For Spoiler

Q33: What dessert did Quark once offer to Kira and Dax as an incentive to enter his business?

Click For Spoiler

Q34: What meal did Yuta, an Acamarian aide, make for Riker? [be specific!]

Click For Spoiler

Q35: Continuum Hunt: Send me a direct link to a picture of gagh! ...................... Ready?....Set......GO!!!

Q35 is equivalent to a web-hunt. When you send me a link to this picture --- please don’t send me to a webpage. Send me a link **directly** to the picture.

Q36: Wheel . . . . . of . . . . . Fortune!

Guess to what you think the puzzle says. (Do not guess letters; just guess what the phrase may be. If needed I will give hints)

Q36: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ | _ _ _ _

Q36: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ | s _ _ _

Q36: _ _ _ _ _ _ _ | s o _ _

Q36: _ _ _ _ _ _ k | s o u _

Q36: P _ _ _ e e k | s o u p

Q36: P _ _ _ e e k | s o u p

Click For Spoiler

Q37: Who said the following Quote?? ---- “My mother always said, 'If you try to combine talking and eating, you'll end up doing neither very well’.”

Click For Spoiler

Q38: Who said the following Quote?? ---- "Run along. I'll attach any severed limbs. Just don't misplace them"

Click For Spoiler

Q39: Who said the following Quote?? ---- “I always have been, and always shall remain, your friend.”

Click For Spoiler

Q40: Paris and Kim hacked the security console and replicator system so it would say what to Tuvok?

Click For Spoiler

post-68-1104456831.gif

Results:

First Place ~ Jack_Bauer: +32

First Place (Tie) ~ David_R._George_III: +32 (Includes Pre-Live Trivia)

Second Place ~ Mrs.Picard: +8

Rick_Alverado: +6

crazy_romulan_ltcol: +5 (Newbie)

Capt_Picard: +4

Prometheus_Nova: +4

sea_trooper: +4

Indy: +2

trekz: +2

TODAY: Session N1 @ 4PM ET

post-68-1104456831.gif

Triva about to start need more people join in :yahoo:

Session N1’s Question & Answers:

Q1: What species was Kes?

Click For Spoiler

Q2: In “The Doomsday Machine,” who was the commanding officer of the Constellation?

Click For Spoiler

Q3: What is Spock’s blood type?

Click For Spoiler

Q4: The ship in which Seven of Nine and her parents made contact with the Borg was named __________. [Fill in the blank!]

Click For Spoiler

Q5: Who is Spock’s “half brother”?

Click For Spoiler

Q6: In Insurrection, who said that he enjoyed his “skin-stretching sessions”?

Click For Spoiler

Q7: What meal of Kirk’s did tribbles get into?

Click For Spoiler

Q8: Who was the first child born on Voyager?

Click For Spoiler

Q9: How many times was Pulaski married?

Click For Spoiler

Q10: What was Seven of Nine’s complete Borg designation?

Click For Spoiler

Q11: The Enterprise-D was what class of starships?

Click For Spoiler

Q12: Who/What killed Jadzia Dax?

Click For Spoiler

Q13: Where is Starfleet Academy located?

Click For Spoiler

Q14: The usual shape of a Borg vessel is what?

Click For Spoiler

Q15: On what starship did Pulaski serve prior to the Enterprise D?

Click For Spoiler

Q16: What device enables La Forge to see? [2 Bonus Points if you give full name and not abbreviation!]

Click For Spoiler

Q17: Genesis was a method of what ... ?

Click For Spoiler

Q18: Who was Captain Kirk’s yeoman during the early days of Kirk’s first five year-missions aboard the NCC1701?

Click For Spoiler

Q19: Name this person: Dax’s first host

Click For Spoiler

Q20: What does IKS stand for?

Click For Spoiler

Q21: True or False: Sybok helped Kirk confront his innermost pain

Click For Spoiler

Q22: What was the title of the second episode of TNG?

Click For Spoiler

Q23: The two whales in The Voyager home were named what?

Click For Spoiler

Q24: Garak thought what Shakespeare play was “more of a farce than a tragedy”?

Click For Spoiler

Q25: Random Q ~ What is the largest volcano in the Sol System called?

Click For Spoiler

Q26: Who was the only person besides Data who Spot liked?

Click For Spoiler

Q27: What is the Cardassian internal security police called?

Click For Spoiler

Q28: Identify The Episode: The Doctor tampers with his hologrammatic matrix to introduce a little excitement into his personality and the result is deadly.

Click For Spoiler

Q29: What was the first episode with the Cardassians?

Click For Spoiler

Q30: Who is assigned to train some disorderly Maquis crew members in the finer points of Starfleet protocol and discipline? (Referring the VOY)

Click For Spoiler

Q31: On the episode "Sub Rosa" ----- ________ was supposedly believed to be the Howard family ghost. [Fill in the blank. (What is his name?)]

Click For Spoiler

Q32: Data played what role in a Q fantasy on the episode "QPid"?

Click For Spoiler

Q33: Spock would be considered 50% Human and 50% Vulcan. What would Alexander Rozhenko be? [Give answer in %]

Click For Spoiler

Q34: Bashir graduated ________ in his class from Starfleet Medical. [Fill in blank!]

Click For Spoiler

Q35: True or False: In Star Trek IV Kirk was demoted.

Click For Spoiler

Q36: Who was the only *main* character to cross over from “The Cage” to the regular series?

Click For Spoiler

Q37: What was Odo’s punishment for killing another changeling?

Click For Spoiler

Q38: Name the first 2 episodes that featured both 7 of 9 and Kes.

Click For Spoiler

Wheel . . . . . of . . . . . Fortune!

Guess to what you think the puzzle says (Do not guess letters. Just guess what the phrase or word may be. If needed I will give hints)

Q39: _ _b e / _ r _ b s

Hint: Ferengi

Hint: t _ b e / g r _ b s

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q40: What professor of creative writing was an instructor for both Wesley Crusher and Jean-Luc Picard?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q41: Who is the primary rival to the House of Kozak?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q42: On what episode does Chakotay see a hallucination of Boothby?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q43: Captain Janeway says she will replicate what make and vintage of wine in celebration of the completion of the Astrometrics lab?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q44: Name the two episodes where Voyager’s warp core is ejected.

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q45: In what episode was Kahless first mentioned (TOS)?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q46: About how many star systems did the Verathan civilization span in its glory?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q47: What book did Jack Crusher use as a gag gift to propose to Beverly?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q48: In what episode does Neelix try to enhance the plasma burners on his stove with Borg technology?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q49: In the Voyager series, what three main characters were suggested to be personally better off in their present situation in the Delta Quadrant versus in their lives in the Alpha Quadrant?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q50: What year was the S.S. Botany Bay launched from Earth?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q51: Commander Riker’s report on System _____’s surface conditions are almost identical to those of ________, which made the Borg the chief suspect of the destruction! [Fill in the blanks!]

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q52: Who did Riker give Albeni meditation crystals as a gift?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q53: After the Dominion war, Worf became the Federation ambassador to what?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q54: What class is the U.S.S. Reliant?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q55: Picard actives what chapter of “The Goodbye” on the holodeck to find “Nicki the Nose”?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q56: Two reoccurring characters were introduced in the very first episode of DS9, but did not appear in the very final episode. Name these two characters!

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q57: What ship did the commander of the Ninth Fleet most often command?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q58: Marc Okrand is most noted for writing what Star Trek book?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q59: Morse code was once mentioned in what VGR episode?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q60: According a TNG supervising producer, Captain Picard was named what for French oceanographer?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q61: What compensator accounts or solves for the uncertainty principle?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q62: “Wagon Trial to the Stars” refers to what, AND is a phrase coined by whom?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q63: Kirk once described who as “all of Vulcan in one package”?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q64: On “First Contact” how long was the crew been aboard the Enterprise-E?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q65: Name Benjamin Sisko’s father!

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q66: Who has been known as the “dancing doctor”?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q67: State the full designation of the Borg that was created in “Drone.”

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q68: How many slips are in 3.25 ‘bars’ of gold pressed latinum?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q69: According to TV Guide, the number one “Trek-Tacular Moment” is what?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q70: What is the process by which plasma is injected into the molten core of a planet to reheat it?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q71: What episode does Sloan commit suicide?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q72: True/False---- The U.S.S. Endeavour was one of the starships to be destroyed in the battle of Wolf 359.

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q73: What is the new type of circuitry the U.S.S. Voyager use?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q74: Name the kind of juice that Jadzia enjoyed, even though it made her spots itch.

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q75: What group wanted Bajor to move to isolation, and then tried to overthrow the provisional government?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q76: What is Dr. Pulaski’s solution to the flu virus?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q77: In “Requiem for Methuselah,” what was the name of Flint’s android?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q78: The Dyson Sphere is named after what 20th Century Earth scientist? [**Full Name**]

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q79: In “The Voyage Home,” who was described as a “quintessential devil”?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q80: Whose dimensional transportation system did the crew of the Enterprise-D destroy in “Contagion” and Sisko and his crew destroy in the episode “To the Death,” because they did not want any adversary forces gain control of this power?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q81: What species are designated by the Borg as “Species 218”? Take a guess!

HINT: Starts with a T

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q82: True/False---- When a Klingon strikes someone with the back of the hand, it means a challenge to the death has been declared!

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q83: What Sector is the location of the Briar Patch and the Ba’ku planet?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q84: What instructor at Starfleet Academy was called “Sneezy”?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q85: “GhoS” means what?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q86: Sand bats are creates that appear to be inanimate rock crystals until they attack. They are found on what world?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q87: Miles O’Brein once was called to reroute and emitter array at a starbase orbiting what planet, which was known for having Talarian hook spiders?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q88: Name the bank that Morn once robed.

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q89: Picard was trying to solve what mathematical problem? In the Star Trek Universe it was said to be unsolved, but not to long after production Andrew Wiles proved it!

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q90: Translate the title of the episode we meet the Binars into the decimal number system.

HINT: 11001001

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q91: What Cardassian Obsidian Order agent planted false records that placed Nerys at the Elemspur Detention Center during the Cardassian occupation of Bajor?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q92: Commodore Robert Wesley participated in the M-5 tests. He commanded what Constitution-class starship?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q93: The passage connecting the antimatter continuum with our reality has been termed what?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q94: Sisko’s very first field study was where?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q95: Name the noted Vulcan literary scholar who wrote “Dictates of Poetics.”

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q96: In “The Q and the Grey,” Q and Q knew each other how long?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q97: The B’Moth starship is what class?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q98: Who broke two ribs while exercising the night of Ishikawa-O’Brien’s wedding?

Click For Spoiler

(Extra) Q99: Salia of planet Daled IV surprised Wesley Crusher because she recognized what small handheld superconducting magnet?

Click For Spoiler

Q100: Will you become a regular (or almost regular) participant of StarTrekFans.net’s Official Star Trek Trivia?

Click For Spoiler

post-68-1104456831.gif

I did count up all the points. Everyone did well. I know the session got very difficult when we hit the ‘extra’ questions, but considering the points everyone made during that part of the session, all of you should be very proud!

The newbies did very well with questions 1 - 39 & 100! All made a good amount of points. And you guys did well with the ‘extra’ questions, considering that they were building-up to some very tricky questions. So good job!

But what I am going to do is this---- Everyone will be getting a standardized score....

So I will be giving you all 30 points each! (Newbie or not)

Your hard work during the session paid off! Good Job!! Coagulations!!!

Participants: Odo, trekz, Christiantrekfan, LadyNarana, David_R._George_III, Mrs.Picard, Indy, & Capt_Picard

Session #36’s Pre-Live Trivia

---------------------------------------------------------------

Want to make four points? Just solve Session #36’s Pre-Live Trivia!

You Still Can!

I know this is a tricky question for a lot of you and because of that I am here to help. Even if you have no idea where to start (and know some algebra), then raise your hand, on the public message board or in a private PM, and I’ll help.

There are a lot of algebraic skills you have to use to solve this problem. That is what makes this problem tricky.

When you get a final answer for both x and y, you will then get a fraction, for both x & y, which contains all the variables: A, B, C, D, E, & F.

Tips...

---Dealing with fractions you have to remember how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide them.

---If you get more then one x or y when trying to solve.....try to factor

post-68-1104456831.gif