Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Crowd Speakers

This may be moved to Qo'nos but I thought I would start it off here. I was just thinking about who was the best crowd speaker, meaning, who could work the crowd up the most. As much as it pains me to say it, I think Hitler was the best crowd speaker ever. Seeing footage of him addressing the crowds in Berlin and the fever he could get from them was just awe inspiring. What does everyone think?

Hitler was a great orator. In more recent times I would have to say Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton both had excellent oratory skills.

President John F. Kennedy, his brother Robert Kennedy, and Martin Luther King Jr, and Abraham Lincoln (for great written speeches...I never personally heard him :dude: ). My favorite speech ever is Lincoln's Second Inaugural speech, followed by King's I Have a Dream speech.

Hitler is known for being a great orator, but he almost ruined a great nation with his words. Yes Germany built one of the greatest war machines ever in a very short period of time, but had Hitler continued, he would have destroyed the fundamental goodness of the people, turning them into racists and murderers. To me a shining light from Germany at that time was Hitler's contemporary, Dietrich Bonhoffer for his great written words.

In contrast to Hitler's speeches, the speeches of the Kennedy's, Lincoln, and King, inspired and challenged a nation, and the world for that matter, to higher, greater things for the society as a whole.

Great speeches can inspire for the better or for the worse.