Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Chat Room Trivia Session #35

StarTrekFans.net's Official

LIVE Chat Room

Star Trek Trivia

//Session #35\\

STAR-TREK-CHAIN

This Saturday at 4:00 P.M. Eastern-Time join Master Q as he hosts a special STAR-TREK-CHAIN edition of StarTrekFans.net's Official LIVE Chat Room Star Trek Trivia!

In a way it is similar the TV-Game Show "The Weakest Link," which is about building a chain of correct answers (at least, partly). I always wanted to host something similar this show, but people conclusive seemed to reject it because no one wanted to 'vote people off' and so forth. The idea being rejected was the verge of the creation of STAR-TREK-CHAIN.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

STAR-TREK-CHAIN Rules/Guidelines:

As you will learn this game will kind of be like “The Weakest Link,” but there will be no voting off people or anything of that nature. The team will work together throughout the game.

*Star-Trek-Chain will require team work!

*Each participant will be asked one question at a time.

**As I (Master Q) ask "person 1" a question that person will respond w/ the answer. NO ONE else may answer the question...

**After that "person 2" will be asked if he or she agrees w/ person 1’s answer. If “person 2” does not agree, then that person can change the answer and then I (Master Q) will give the real answer. If “person 2” agrees with “person 1,” then I will give the real answer and will give the new question to person 2 (in both cases). . . . and so on.

***You want to create a chain of correct answers. The greater amount of questions that are consecutively answered correctly, the more points everyone will make.

****During your turn, get your question wrong and if the person after you does not correct you, the chain is broken and all points are lost.

****If you say the word BANK before I ask your question then the points currently made are saved in the bank. A brand new chain is started.

****If the team gets five questions correct in a row, then the team will automatically get those points put into the bank and start a brand new chain.

****DO NOT FORGET - make sure you bank when you need to . . . If you do not bank then you risk losing the team’s points or a chunk of them.

The Chain of Command . . . .

Super 5 ~ 10 points

Pre-Super 4 ~ 7 points

Mean 3 ~ 5 points

Cool 2 ~ 3 points

Average 1 ~ 1 point

(When I say Super 5 that means that 5 questions were correctly answered in a row ...)

--Spelling usually doesn’t count but I must be able to determine what you are referring to

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Please note my free-time that is spent here is running shorter then usual. So please bear with me. Right now it is (for the most part) stable, but that might be changing soon...

Also, thanks to those that have replied ( to the topic that contains message-board topic question #1,000! Thanks so much everyone. We appreciate it a lot -------all very kind and nice comments...Thanks again so much. :blink:

Sorry I have not had any time to think up Pre-Live Trivia... I do have the session ready (and the next one), but I created both a month ago (lol). But this weekend I'll be sure to sit down, get a couple of sessions ready, and also be sure to get a few Pre-Live Trivia qs ready...

post-68-1104456831.gif

LIVE Chat Room

Star Trek Trivia

//Session #35\\

STAR-TREK-CHAIN

This special edition of StarTrekFans.net’s Official LIVE Chat Room Star Trek Trivia called STAR-TREK-CHAIN contained some questions from the past sessions. (Did you learn anything?)

Trivia Questions & Answers...

Q1: What is the name of Kirk’s son? [*FULL NAME*]

Click For Spoiler

Q2: What was Sulu’s rank and job during ST6?

Click For Spoiler

Q3: What 3-D game board did Spock often play on TOS?

Click For Spoiler

Q4: In “Take Me Out to the Holosuite,” what did Sisko’s team call themselves?

Click For Spoiler

Q5: Who was the only main character to cross over from “The Cage” to the regular series?

Click For Spoiler

Q6: NX-74205 is the registry number of what Federation starship?

Click For Spoiler

Q7: In “The Doomsday Machine,” who was the commanding officer of the U.S.S. Constellation? [*FULL NAME*]

Click For Spoiler

Q8: Starfleet’s standard-issue portable scanning device is called a __________. (Fill-in-the-blank)

Click For Spoiler

Q9: Name this episode! ~ After Neelix is killed in a shuttlecraft accident, Seven of Nine uses Borg technology to bring him back to life.

Click For Spoiler

Q10: What were Keevan’s dying words?

Click For Spoiler

Q11: The Malons jettison waste into what region of space?

Click For Spoiler

Q12: Data once painted an abstract painting of what battle?

Click For Spoiler

Q13: A Vulcan mind-meld was first seen and preformed in what episode?

Click For Spoiler

Q14: What is Garak’s first name?

Click For Spoiler

Q15: What game did Elim and Nog play in "Empok Nor"?

Click For Spoiler

Q16: What was the title of the first TAS episode?

Click For Spoiler

Q17: What is the name of a large orbital service structure that is used for construction and maintenance of starships?

Click For Spoiler

Q18: What episode is Mrs.Picards’s “favorite” episode? :yahoo:

Click For Spoiler

Q19: After being thrown into the past, what hotel did Data stay at?

Click For Spoiler

Q20: What song did Vic and Sisko sing as a duet in "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang"?

Click For Spoiler

Q21: Seska was caught selling Federation replicator technology to the Kazon-______ sect. [Fill-in-the-blank!]

Click For Spoiler

Q22: Name all the languages that Uhura was known to speak.

Click For Spoiler

Q23: What is the name of Kirk's dog in Star Trek Generations?

Click For Spoiler

Q24: What is the name of the Klingon that doesn’t trust men who smile a great deal?

Click For Spoiler

Q25: Random Q~ Count the amount of “f”s that are in the following:

finished files are the result of years of scientific study combined with the experience of years

Click For Spoiler

Q26: How many (Earth) years did Data say he’d been trying to become more human in Star Trek Generations?

Click For Spoiler

Q27: Who was Seven of Nine’s first date?

Click For Spoiler

Hehehehehe Hey, I just noticed we do not have a Q28 or Q29... (Guess that is what I get when I jump around sometimes when putting these together...)

Q30: What happened to Dukat when he tried to read the book of the Pah-wraiths?

Click For Spoiler

Q31: In the last two seasons of DS9, who created the holoprogram that, became popular among the station crew?

Click For Spoiler

Q32: What was the name of the little girl that reminded Lwaxana Troi of her first daughter?

Click For Spoiler

Q33: What is the fifth moon of Bajor?

Click For Spoiler

Q34: What is the name of the physiological change that makes women of Kes’s species ready to conceive a child?

Click For Spoiler

Q35: What is the name of the game involving a half-meter hoop and a spear? The hoop is rolled between various stakes planted into the ground, and the objective is to throw the spear through the center hoop.

Click For Spoiler

Q36: What is the name of the final chapter in the Adventures of Captain Proton?

Click For Spoiler

Q37: Who was Sarek’s second human wife?

Click For Spoiler

Q38: Who was Picard’s former archaeology professor?

Click For Spoiler

Q39: In what episode does Worf get introduced to prune juice and pronounces that it is “a warrior’s drink”?

Click For Spoiler

Q40: Who was Riker’s captain just prior to Picard? [Full Name!] (5-point Q)

Click For Spoiler

post-68-1104456831.gif

LIVE Chat Room

Star Trek Trivia

//Session #35\\

STAR-TREK-CHAIN

I would like to thank all that joined me as I hosted STAR-TREK-CHAIN, a special edition of StarTrekFans.net’s Official LIVE Chat Room Star Trek Trivia! You all played very well in the session. Great Job!

Trivia Results...

David_R._George_III, Indy, Jack_Bauer, Rick_Alverado, pittykitty, Rivendells_king, trekz, and Prometheus_Nova banked together a total of 38 trivia points!

(All of you individually made 38 points ---- in this specific game I do not divide out the points that were made in the bank. And if I did that, then what..., each of you would make less then 5 points each....??)

How did everyone like this special session? (How about compared to the normal sessions?)

I think it is good to do something different every once in a while...something different then what we normally do....and is a good break from our normal sessions.

I think it was a good change.

Until Next Time...

post-68-1104456831.gif

Wish i would have had a chance to join you

darn knew a few answers

How did everyone like this special session? (How about compared to the normal sessions?)

320376[/snapback]

I thoroughly enjoyed the session. It was a nice change of pace from the usual trivia chats (although I enjoy those as well), and it was nice to work with my fellow "Trek" trivia buffs. As always, master_q, you did a fine job as host.

Wish i would have had a chance to join you

darn knew a few answers

320378[/snapback]

Hey Odo! Glad you knew some of the Star Trek trivia answers. :yahoo: That's very good because some of them are somewhat tricky. We hope to see you next time...

320376[/snapback]

I thoroughly enjoyed the session. It was a nice change of pace from the usual trivia chats (although I enjoy those as well), and it was nice to work with my fellow "Trek" trivia buffs. As always, master_q, you did a fine job as host.

320383[/snapback]

Glad you liked it, David. :nono:

post-68-1104456831.gif

This session was very fun! You did an wonderful job, master q, as master of ceremonies. :dude: It was fun working together as a team. I would definitely play again and recommend it to everyone! :dude:

This session was very fun!  You did an wonderful job, master q, as master of ceremonies.  :dude:  It was fun working together as a team.  I would definitely play again and recommend it to everyone!  :dude:

320455[/snapback]

Great! :dude: Thank you, trekz, for the very kind note.

The next session will be Saturday, April 30, at 4:00 P.M. Eastern!

(Shhh! And tell a friend!)

post-68-1104456831.gif