Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Chat Room Trivia Session #34

LIVE

In the StarTrekFans.net Chat Room

StarTrekFans.net's Official Star Trek Trivia

All aboard the Star Trek Trivia train this Saturday afternoon at four (US/Eastern-Time)!

Click HERE for this Sunday's (last) "TREK-NEWS-TALK" OPEN-CHAT!

post-68-1104456831.gif

The only good thing about not having a job means I can make trivia. :P

313977[/snapback]

But you can't make money. *zing*

Hello everyone:

Today is the day for session #34.

Hope to see all of you this afternoon at four (Eastern Time)!

Live Chat Room Link ~ Click Here

----

I did not post any Pre-Live Trivia questions because I just did not have time to think up anything. Perhaps next time...

Session #35 will be on the 16th... It will be a special edition of STAR-TREK-CHAIN.

Digging from my archives...

Click For Spoiler

post-68-1104456831.gif

You know, I completely forgot about it. I was so caught up in reading the ROTS novel that I just completely forgot... :wow:

Questions & Answers:

Q1: The treaty that established peace between the Federation and the Romulan Star Empire forbids the development of what technology by the Federation?

Click For Spoiler

Q2: Who went along with Uhura to K-7?

Click For Spoiler

Q3: In “The Mark of Gideon,” with who was Kirk ensnared on a fake Enterprise?

Click For Spoiler

Q4: Who trained Chakotay as a boxer when he was a cadet in Starfleet Academy?

Click For Spoiler

Q5: On what planet in the Delta Quadrant do people seem to age backwards?

Click For Spoiler

Q6: Name the silicon-based life form native to planet Janus VI.

Click For Spoiler

Q7: What agency investigated the U.S.S. Defiant’s accidental trip to the twenty-third century?

Click For Spoiler

Q8: How was the Enterprise crewmember Matthews killed?

Click For Spoiler

Q9: What is Deanna Troi’s favorite dessert?

Click For Spoiler

Q10: Data cried at the end of “Generations.” Why was that?

Click For Spoiler

Q11: What was the name of Dukat’s half-Bajoran daughter’s, mother’s name? [*Full Name*]

Click For Spoiler

Q12: What did Neelix create in honor of Paris breaking the record by going faster then warp 10?

Click For Spoiler

Q13: In “Plato’s Stepchildren,” what was the Platonians’ gift to Kirk?

Click For Spoiler

Q14: From what did Dr. McCoy say Dr. Gillian Taylor was suffering?

Try to say it exactly how he did initially to the officers.

Click For Spoiler

McCoy: Out of the way!

Police Officer: Sorry, doctor. I have strict orders---

Taylor: Ohh!!

McCoy: Dam it! Do want an acute case on your hands?

McCoy: This woman has immediate postprandial upper abdominal distention!!

Taylor: Ohh!! Ohhh! Ohhh!

McCoy: Get out of the way! Get out of the way!

Kirk: What did you say she’s got?

McCoy: Cramps.

Q15: What was the name of the person who murdered a clone of himself in an attempt to frame Odo AND what was the false identity assumed by him after the murder?

Click For Spoiler

Q16: What was the name of the Enterprise-D’s sister ship that was infected by a virus that destroyed it in “Contagion”?

Click For Spoiler

Q17: You have been assimilated by the collective! You are known referred to as a individual ______. [Fill in the blank!]

Click For Spoiler

Q18: True or false: Jake Sisko became an official correspondent for the Starfleet News Service.

Click For Spoiler

Q19: According to Keiko, what did she typically eat every morning when she was growing up?

Click For Spoiler

Q20: Generally, the terms “helm” and “helmsman,” from TOS, were replaced with what term on the beginning of TNG?

Click For Spoiler

--> Yellow Alert! <--

**An Activity**

~The Q Puzzle~

Q *Snaps Finger!*

Muhahahah

All of you will get four points if you pick the correct door two of the three times we play!

You will play as a whole group in this game.

Remember our Pre-Live Trivia for session #33? Well, let’s play the game! I have selected where the doors lead to (be that to the vacuum of space or the ESCAPE of my Q puzzle) at RANDOM.

All of you have 3 doors to pick from. Only one of those doors will lead to the ESCAPE of Q’s twisted game! Two of them will lead you to the vacuum of space.

You then pick 1 of the doors: ___A___, ___B___, or ___C___

Q then opens the door of one of the two OTHER doors. That door Q opens will lead to the vacuum of space.

You will then get the chance to switch your choice to the other remaining door or stay with your original choice.

Make sense?

Pick the door

Game Two: ___A___, ___B___, or ___C___

Pick a door! (By group consensus)

Q21: What character from Cheers is used as an anagram for one of Quark’s favorite customers?

Click For Spoiler

Q22: Name the interstellar law that General Chang citied to arrest Kirk and Dr. McCoy for the murder of Gorkon.

Click For Spoiler

Q23: In what episode does Kai Opaka die but is then brought back to life?

Click For Spoiler

Q24: A Type III phaser is generally known by what common name?

Click For Spoiler

Q25: In “Star Trek: Nemesis,” what type of flowers are seen behind Picard at the wedding party?

Click For Spoiler

Q26: Starfleet and the Vulcans developed what array that would allow communications possible at incredible distances and would make it possible to have Starfleet communicate with the crew of the Voyager?

Click For Spoiler

Q27: Who was the first choice to play Benjamin Sisko?

Click For Spoiler

Q28: What planet was the site where a transporter malfunction created an evil double of Kirk?

Click For Spoiler

Q29: The lady Sirella was displeased that Jadzia Dax replicated fakes of what? [be specific.]

Click For Spoiler

Q30: Name the Starfleet Directive that gives an individual who is accused of a crime the right to remain silent.

Click For Spoiler

Q31: Reginald Barclay was assigned to what starship prior to the Enterprise-D?

Click For Spoiler

Q32: Lieutenant _______ beamed down to the planet Betai III and was captured, brainwashed, and absorbed into the society’s culture by the machine entity ________. [Fill in the blanks!]

Click For Spoiler

Q33: Mea 3 was a government official on what planet?

Click For Spoiler

Q34: According to Super Q Mrs.Picard, Patrick Stewart does not like the smell of what? Hints to follow...

Based on crushed almonds or almond paste!

Click For Spoiler

Q35: Name Dax’s first, second, third, . . . , ninth host. [Name ALL nine of them in ONE-line!]

Click For Spoiler

Q36: Random Q ~ What is the title of my “Book of the Month”?

Click For Spoiler

Good book! Not meant to be a complete companion guide to all of American history, though. It just touches on a few of the more interesting or ‘hot’ topics. Recommended. You might learn something about real, uncensored, history.

Q37: Random Q ~ An airplane crashed at the border of the United States and Canada. In which country did officials bury the survivors?

Click For Spoiler

Q38_a*: Random Q ~ Million, Billion, ________, ________, ________. [Fill in blanks!]

Click For Spoiler

Septillion, Octillion, Nonillion, Decillion, Undecillion, Duodecillion, Tredecillion, Quattuordecillion, Quindecillion, Sexdecillion, Septendecillion, Octodecillion, Novemdecillion, Vigintillion, ...

Googol = 1 followed by one-hundred 0s

Googolplex = 1 followed by one-googol 0s

*(A little fuzziness in this question when you compare different places on the globe...Should have been more clear in chat room.)

Q38_b: Elements are to compounds, as _______ are to natural numbers. [Fill in the blank!]

Click For Spoiler

Q39: Random Q ~ Who was the first astronaut to broadcast a live message to radio and TV listeners below?

Click For Spoiler

Q40: What card game did Quark play with Vic Fontaine in “What You Leave Behind”?

Click For Spoiler

Go Fish....Until Next Time....I’ll See All of You in the Q-Continuum....

post-68-1104456831.gif

Trivia Results:

Once again, big coagulations go to Jack_Bauer! Outstanding! Incredible Job!

Jack_Bauer ~ +34 points

David_R._George_III ~ +22 points

ussacclaim ~ +20 points

MrPsychic ~ +18 points

trekz ~ +6 points

Capt_Picard ~ +4 points

Recycle ~ +4 points

[All chat room trivia participants earned four points for guessing correctly the location two out of three times of the door, in the Q puzzle, that leads to the escape. Good job all. See Session 33’s topic for the original Pre-Live trivia puzzle and solution...^]

post-68-1104456831.gif