Sign in to follow this  
BKY1701

Starfleet Academy

How would they explain McCoy being departed? It sounds like an old idea. Besides, Shatner's too fat to play Kirk anyway :nono:

How would they explain McCoy being departed?  It sounds like an old idea.  Besides, Shatner's too fat to play Kirk anyway :nono:

313236[/snapback]

They would not use the original actors.

I'm glad this is going to be a novel series. I won't read it, but I'm just glad it won't be a series or movie. The idea is just too goofy.

The only thing I like about that article is that it basically puts to bed rumours of Star Trek XI being an academy movie. Trek XI is almost certainly a Romulan War movie featuring some pretty gritty action. With a Trek experienced director (Nemesis' biggest fault) and a decent budget, Trek XI should be a pretty good movie.

I don't think Paramount would go with another animated series, seeing how the first one failed miserably in their book. They don't even consider it canon.

Well, I think TAS may be have been created to test the waters so to speak. To see if the demand for Trek was still out there. I've never watched it, but I've heard the quality of it's storylines are of a high standard.

A new animated show would be a good first step after Trek takes a break for a while. It's cheaper to produce than a live-action show and in terms of stories and location possibilities, there are no limits to what can be featured.

I've watched "Clone Wars" and honestly, I've been impressed. That show is outstanding, so there's no reason why it couldn't be applied to Star Trek. Although I would prefer more fluid animation and realistic looking characters, to a certain degree of course.

A new animated show (or shows?) is number 35 on my "Ideas For Trek's Future" list, which I will post in summer.

Edited by The King

Given Trek's trend towards more and more CGI, why not make the whole show CGI? Computer graphics have gotten to the point where they could acurately depict characters, and the ships wouldn't look different at all.

It's a superb idea.  :(

313380[/snapback]

I do declare, Mr. King, that you like me. :nono: Or my ideas at least. :(

Well, when I see someone post what I consider to be a good idea, I will say just that and give them due credit.

This idea that His Royal Highness The King is some "flaming" and "trolling" obsessed madman who attacks everyone on this site is complete and utter nonsense.

Given Trek's trend towards more and more CGI, why not make the whole show CGI?  Computer graphics have gotten to the point where they could acurately depict characters, and the ships wouldn't look different at all.

313378[/snapback]

Wouldn't that be incredibly expensive?

Total CGI would be. If it was photo-realistic.

I would be thinking more of blending CGI with a more traditional style of animation.

That would be a wiser approach.

Perhaps they could do a form of anime? Look at the people from the Animatrix. That's what I'm referring to, not DBZ or Trigun style.

"Starfleet Academy" would work better as an animated show I think.

313272[/snapback]

I think it would be a better idea if they did an animated show based on the various "Starfleet Academy" series of childrens books, however they could edge them up a bit for adult viewers done in a more comic book style like mention above with the Ainematrix.

Edited by muddthe1st

Total CGI would be. If it was photo-realistic.

I would be thinking more of blending CGI with a more traditional style of animation.

That would be a wiser approach.

313612[/snapback]

The kind of CGI like the Final Fantasy movie would be awesome, but yes, very expensive, especially for a TV series.

Perhaps they could do a form of anime?  Look at the people from the Animatrix.  That's what I'm referring to, not DBZ or Trigun style.

313624[/snapback]

Anime? Sorry but I really really really hate that idea. It looks totally nasty with Star Wars, I don't want that to happen to Trek. What I fear most would be a wannabe anime, which I hate most of all. Teen Titans could have been a much better show if it had used its own style of animation. I try to like that show but watching it makes me want to vomit. Trek that way just won't be the same ever again. And I know what you mean by the Animatrix-style anime, but I still don't like it.

Whichever style suited the story would be alright with me.

313627[/snapback]

Yeah, that sounds good.

313662[/snapback]

Sounds like you're fine with everything. :( :nono: