Sign in to follow this  
Itchygomba69

Bringing My Girlfriend From The Darkside

My G/f loved Star Wars, and I like it, she was never intrested in Star Trke thought it was too confusing, but recently when she's been over during the afternoon shes been watching TNG and DS9 with me on Spike, and if she is over late we would watch TOS on SciFi, now she wants to watch all the movies and even watches it on her own, I brought from the Darkside (Starwars) to the side of Good, StarTrek, I just hope by doing this I di dnt break the Prime Directive :P :lol: :P :wow:

You didn't break the Prime Directive. :lol: Now you have the peace of mind that she is watching one of best science fiction shows of all time. :P

I just hope by doing this I di dnt break the Prime Directive :P :wow:  :P  :lol:

312379[/snapback]

Seeing as she is culterally equal to you in development (well, we are all pre-warp really *sigh*) I think you are in the clear.

no, she hates watching Wrestling :P

312580[/snapback]

Then again, it's good she hates wrestling. She won't bother you with questions like "Why don't you look like that?" "If wresting's such a manly sport, why are they always wearing briefs?" and the worst one "You're staring at those girls too much"

Ummmm..........can I ask what "dark side" is she attempting to bring you from? :P :lol:

As for wrestling, I've found that women react to it based on how their guy reacts to it.

If it's truly for the wrestling, the usually get a giggle out of it and are happy he's got something he enjoys.

If it's more for the diva's and such, it's really not going to be her thing.

If you want to bring a newcomer, whether they are a girlfriend or anyone else to the wrestling industry, you must be well informed. It helps to have experience with watching wrestling with non-wrestling fans.

First when you sit down with them to watch it, you have to explain the whole idea of characters and storylines. EXPLAIN using wrestling terminology like "marks, angles, jobbers, going over, face, heel" etc....but don't forget to teach the non-wrestling fan what these terms precisely mean. Using these insider terms involves the person you are trying to "convert".

If they see something offensive, you have to explain why certain things are featured. Explain that certain things happen to build feuds and develop storylines. Explain why certain people "win" and others "lose". Also be very honest. If your girlfriend sees something dumb happen which you don't like, say "yeah, that was dumb". After all, wrestling fans spend 99% of their time complaining about what they see and offering suggestions on how things can work better.

Of course, you may get the inevitable "this is fake" nonsense, but you have to keep cool and explain that wrestling is not "fake" since injuries do occur, but rather "scripted" or "predetermined" for the most part. You should make a point to mention how dangerous wrestling can be at times.

What's essential though is to show the non-wrestling fan that we must appreciate the in-ring action. We appreciate the athleticism of the performers and ALSO their charisma.

Dark Side Star Wars, just a little joke with that me Perfering StarTrek but I like StarWars

Wrestling she tried, but we went toa Smackdown at the Mellon Arena (Hogan wrstled Jericho for the WWE Championship actually a good Smackdown) and we sat next to "Stereotypical Wrestling Fans" i swear they were Roody Pooh Trailer Park trash and the one dude had a little BO, since then she refuses to go with me and to watch it, but if she wants to Snuggle :blush: :) (ahhh) she will watch it with me, usually falling asleep on my shoulder