Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Jack Donner & Michael Jackson

Did anyone notice that the actor playing the judge on E Entertainment's nightly re-enactment of the Michael Jackson trial is none other than Jack Donner, Sub-commander Tal from "Balance Of Terror"?

Nope. I did not notice because I was not paying attention to blow-by-blows of the trial. I will pay attention to the verdict, perhaps.

Of course, I WILL now check out this re-enactment just to see whether or not it is indeed a subcommander from one of TOS's best episodes...but just long enough to see if I recognize a Star Trek veteran.

Edit.......

I checked it out, and the judge does indeed look like a former Romulan, but the subcommander from the episode with the woman Romulan commander that fell in love with Spock. It was not the Romulan subcommnader from 'Balance of Terror.' I think his name is right...subcommnader Tal.

The Romulan subcommander from Balance of Terror was the late Mark Lenard, who was better known as Sarek. Jack Donner appeared in The Enterprise Incident I believe and in the Enterprise episodes Home and Kir'Shara. I think he is one of only two actors to appear in both Enterprise and the Original Series (the other being Clint Howard).

I stand corrected. I wrote the wrong episode title down. I was thinking of The Enterprise Incident though.