Sign in to follow this  
krysis

Customs and Immigration

Just wondering...

We need passports to move from country to country. Would be need anything like that when we move from a Federation system to another system, say... the Klingon Empire?

On top of that, are there such things as Customs and Immigration in Star Trek. The closest I see is from DS9. Does one have to go through them when travelling between planets within the Federation or only ourside the Federation? What do ya'll think?

I would imagine that each empire or federation has their own sensor networks in place that pick up incoming ships, like the monitoring station seen in ST VI. They could aslo have ships patrolling the borders that could conduct searches the keep contraband out of their space.

I would think there would be a system of passports. Also there could be official ship's logs, as mentioned in the TOS Trouble with Tribbles episode, that would show where a ship had travelled. I agree that there would be some kind of interdictive or inspecting agency to check for contraband or perhaps for criminals or those with a virus, etc. through bioscans perhaps.