Sign in to follow this  
the_ocompa

DS9 Theme

The Deep Space Nine theme was the best piece of music in Star Trek along with the theme to "The Wrath Of Khan" and "Ilia's Theme".

I liked the original theme to Deep Space Nine before they replaced it with a slightly different version. The original theme was haunting and opening credit sequence was majestic and graceful.

:yahoo::dude::hug:

I like the DS9 theme but it isn't my favourite (my favourite would be the TNG/TMP theme as it is Star Trek's theme and I do like Enteprise's theme but before they changed it).

The thing I wished they'd done on DS9 was change the credits during the first six eps of season 6 "The War Against the Dominion Arc". I would have liked to see either the credits feature Dominion ships docked and have the major Domionion characters credited in the opening (with the Federation regulars as a guest cast, but that wouldn't have worked out) or have the credits feature Starbase 375 with the regular Federation cast. The other thing that really bugged me about DS9's opening was there was this Cardassian looking ship (it wasn't but it looked the part) which continued to be there throughout the run. Which didn't make sense during the war. Small details I know but I still think it would have been cool.

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler
It may have been too costly to change the credits for the Dominion rule period because of the CGI and Model expenses.

ENT (which admittedly does have a decent opening credit sequence) is basically just full of stock clips which are less expensive, so it wouldn't be as costly to replace them for the mirror episodes.

Though you are right. An "evil" opening credit sequence on DS9 would have been cool.

Edited by The King

Dennis McCarthy did a great job on that score I thought, particularly the Concert Version. That really etherial part of the theme came back many times in the series -- the pilot, "Way of the Warior", the last part of the "Image in the Sand" episodes when Ezri's checking out the promonade. I know people have their issues with McCarthy's writing, but I really love it. The job he did on "The Visitor" was just incredible. I was so glad they included that on the Best of Trek music CD, I think Vol. 1.