Sign in to follow this  
FleetLord

Urgent WordWide Rallies Organized (Feb 25th)

From the location they've chosen, will they be seen on any of the early morning network shows? Because if they can I want to get up early to see them.

From the location they've chosen, will they be seen on any of the early morning network shows? Because if they can I want to get up early to see them.

305679[/snapback]

From what I understand, depending on turnout, they are hoping to send groups to all of the morning shows since they all show crowd shots. I think the CBS morning show may be the number 1 priority but I'm not sure. You'll have to be exercise your remote control skills and check them all out. :P

305679[/snapback]

From what I understand, depending on turnout, they are hoping to send groups to all of the morning shows since they all show crowd shots. I think the CBS morning show may be the number 1 priority but I'm not sure. You'll have to be exercise your remote control skills and check them all out. :P

305680[/snapback]

Alright, thanks.

if it be show on earily morning shows be cool 7-11 be cool that cool that they do this..trek such awsome thing to know one day we go in that direction...

post-761-1109367312.jpg

StarTrek.com Article

Today is D-Day for Star Trek Fans at Paramount

Star Trek fans, united in their support for the franchise, have launched a large-scale demonstration this morning in front of the main gates at Paramount Pictures, the studio where the show is produced. Tim Brazeal, head of the fan-run SaveEnteprise effort, was the main person responsible for organizing the demonstration which saw a steady influx of fans taking part, estimates for which range between 120-150 people during the morning portion of the demonstration.

In a coordinated world-wide protest effort that rivals the ones in the 1960's when the first Star Trek faced cancellation, fans are coming out in droves, united by two things, their love of Trek, and a committment to Enterprise, the series that has been cancelled by UPN. Recent fan demonstrations have also been scheduled to take place in New York, Chicago, Washington, London and in Tel Aviv, Israel.

Today's rally at Paramount began shortly after 8:30 a.m. when fans began assembling outside the studio gates with their handmade signs and their enthusiasm. Motorists driving along Melrose Avenue would frequently honk their horns in solidarity.

Several Enterprise production crew came out to witness the event and show their support, including Manny Coto, Mike Sussman, Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens, Andre Bormanis, John Eaves, Doug Drexler, Mike and Denise Okuda, Dave Rossi, Ron B. Moore, Vince Deadrick Jr., Alan Kobayashi, Brad Look, and Jim Van Over. Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry was also on hand with a camera crew to record the demonstration for his ongoing documentary project "Trek Nation." Even Anthony Montgomery hung out with the crowds and thanked them for their support before reporting to work.

Executive producer Coto spoke to the crowd via bullhorn and expressed his thanks for their support. "This is an overwhelming response. I just want to thank you all for coming out. I remember back in '78 when I went to my very first Star Trek convention in Orlando, Florida. We had Walter Koenig show up, we lined up, I got a shot of myself with him holding a phaser — it was the greatest moment of my life. This brings back all those memories. Star Trek fans are the greatest fans in the whole world. Don't ever let anyone tell you anything different. This is a great show, it's a great franchise. It will continue. People are hearing what you're saying here today and I want you to know that we appreciate it, the writers appreciate it, the actors, everyone who works on the show knows what you've done, knows what your passion is for the show ... and it really means a lot. So, thank you very much for coming out today."

Many of the signs revealed the good humor of the fans, with slogans such as: "Trek's Not Just a Show, It's a Responsibility," "WWKD (What Would Kirk Do?)," "Bush is a Hologram," "Nielsen Schmielson" and the more straightforward ones such as "Keep Enterprise Alive," "Save Star Trek," "We are Star Trek: Enterprise's Extended Family, We're Here to Support Them!" and "To Boldly Go On."

Supporters journeyed from as far away as the U.K., Australia and New Zealand to appear at the rally. Chris Wales, who works for TrekUnited.com, flew 15 hours from Leeds, England to attend the demonstration. "I was on the plane flying out here and I was sitting next to a guy from Saudi Arabia who said even we've heard about it on the radio out there," he said. "We believe Star Trek is worth keeping."

"Paramount seems to think there's not enough fan support going on and we're here to show them there is. I don't think they can ignore what's going on," said SaveEnterprise organizer Brazeal. "We're trying to make sure that people recognize this as Star Trek: Enterprise day."

Other fans at the demonstration had their own take on why Enterprise is essential. "Right now is the number one worst time for this [cancellation] to happen. We really need a quality show like Enterprise on the air. It's very disturbing when the major popular television shows are things like Fear Factor, Surreal Life, etc," said fan Marya Banniza regarding the show's demise.

TrekToday.com

Carrying signs reading “WHAT WOULD KIRK DO?”, “PORTHOS FOR PRESIDENT” and “SAVE THE BEST STAR TREK COUPLE EVER”, fans from around the world converged at Paramount Pictures this morning to encourage the studio to continue production of Star Trek: Enterprise.

Reuters said that the franchise has “perhaps the most loyal fan base in the world” and noted that none wore costumes at this serious event, insisting, in the words of Candice McCallie of TrekUnited.com, that the series “is quality television, unlike a lot of the reality you see on TV today.”

The official Star Trek site at StarTrek.com estimated the crowd at between 120 and 150 people including Trek founder Gene Roddenberry's son Eugene Roddenberry, Jr., who filmed the event for his upcoming documentary Trek Nation; actor Anthony Montgomery of Enterprise; staff members Mike Sussman, Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens, Andre Bormanis and Ron B. Moore, among others; and executive producer Manny Coto.

Coto, who identified himself as a longtime Star Trek fan, addressed the crowd by bullhorn, saying, “This is an overwhelming response...this is a great show, it's a great franchise. It will continue.”

StarTrek.com reported that motorists along Melrose Avenue outside the studio gates honked their car horns in solidarity with the demonstrators. Sci Fi Universe has some video footage of the rally.

The demonstration was spearheaded by TrekUnited.com, the group which hopes to raise more than $30 million dollars to fund a fifth season of Enterprise. Currently the group has raised $50,000, but an article at Wired linked from TrekUnited.com itself states that the campaign claims to be close to securing $3 million from three anonymous donors who helped fund a commercial space flight venture.

The BBC reported on a protest by Star Trek fans in Israel, photos of which can be seen at Sci Fi Universe.

post-812-1095566621.gif

Trek fans around the world unite!!! No matter what god they might believe in, or what race they might be they all want Star Trek: Enterprise for season 5, yip-yie!!!