Sign in to follow this  
Newt1701

Trek United!

Hello guys.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Newt1701. I am member at Trek United. I have volunteered to be a Liaison to this site for Trek United.

Let my tell you a little about Trek United.

We are a group of fans who do not wish Star Trek to die. We want more Star Trek Enterprise, and it is our goal to raise money to pay for it. It's a bold plan, and you have a chance to be involved with this historic event.

Trek United is legit, it comes from the founders of Save Enterprise.

If you belief that legends never die, come check us out.

Thank you for reading, and I be happy to answer any questions you might have,

I don't think that money is the issue, I think UPN was more concerned about the ratings. Besides, even if it was money, you would have to raise several thousand dollars, probably I don't know, to pay for new episodes.

I don't think that money is the issue, I think UPN was more concerned about the ratings.  Besides, even if it was money, you would have to raise several thousand dollars, probably I don't know, to pay for new episodes.

302440[/snapback]

They are looking to try to raise a lot of money.

From TrekUnited FAQ:

What is it going to cost?

John Billingsley (Phlox) has stated the production of one Enterprise episode costs $1.6m. For 22 episodes, like in season 4, that boils down to $35.2m. That sounds like an awful lot of money, but wait! Mass contribution will do the trick. 3 million people, the average viewer number of season 4, only need to contribute a mere $12, the price of a cheap DVD or CD. 1 million people would need to contribute $36 and so on. If celebrities, organizations or wealthier fans contribute accordingly, even less is required!

How much time do we have?

Enterprise season 4 is filmed till early March. Reshooting is done till end of March, so the sets won't be torn down till then. So we got time till then at least to get this done, and even afterwards not everything is lost!

I don't believe the actual donation mechanism is in place yet but I'm sure Newt1701 will post when it is.

Just to let our members know, STF is not involved with the TrekUnited campaign but we welcome Newt1701's posts on their efforts.

I don't think that money is the issue, I think UPN was more concerned about the ratings.  Besides, even if it was money, you would have to raise several thousand dollars, probably I don't know, to pay for new episodes.

302440[/snapback]

Well, we believe money talks. When Tim approached TPTB about this idea he was basically told to come back with a check. So it is our plan to do just that. We do have to raise a lot cash, the show costs $35.2hm. A lot of fans have shown interest in donating what ever they can. The only thing is we don't have much time, so we need the fans support today.

I don't believe the actual donation mechanism is in place yet but I'm sure Newt1701 will post when it is.

To my knowledge it is not up and running yet, but as soon as it is I will let you know.

:biggrin:

I would think that is enough to make one show... but at this rate you could by Trek by the end of March!!!

I would think that is enough to make one show... but at this rate you could by Trek by the end of March!!!

306442[/snapback]

Enterprise costs roughly $1.6 million per episode.

Supposedly, the people who designed built and flew SpaceShipOne pledged $3 million to Trek United today with the intent of helping TU with their efforts to "buy season 5".

http://trekunited.com

306851[/snapback]

Yeah, that's great news (one tenth of the way there!). I was going to post on it but I figured that Newt1701 or whoever our official 'ambassador' would probably be the one to post on it. Not like it's a problem you did though AE.

I'd been waiting for one of them to post about it but figured what the heck and went ahead... Yeah it's great news, I hope it spurs everyone who gives the slightest dam about ENT to kick in a few bucks for the cause.