Sign in to follow this  
jkoc

TNG dress uniform wanted

hey folks.

i'm desperately looking for the TNG Formal Dress uniform full outfit. I'm looking for something really high quality and authentic (pant and top).

example:

http://www.uss-voyager.bravepages.com/unif...f2366to73_7.htm

would ANYONE know where i can buy this uniform online? i've been searching everywhere without much luck. many places just offer cheap spandexy or flimsy material "halloween" costumes. But i'm looking for something a little more authentic -- i'd like to get married in it hehehe

thanks in advance for tips.

Edited by jkoc

I tried to check out the link you supplied but got a "file not found" message - the site apparently has exceeded it's daily bandwidth limit or something. Do you have a picture you can post in its place?

Your best bet may be taking pictures from different angles of the uniform to a good tailor and having them make one for you. I've looked for patterns on the net but they don't seem to have one for the TNG dress uniform.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

You can get a very expensive, custom-tailored dress uniform from a company that does custom costumes. They sell patterns for star trek costumes, and will construct them to your measurements (like a custom tailored suit) for around $300. That's too much for me (I just wanted the dress uniform, but didn't care if it's just a s/m/l/xl sort've thing), but if you want to get married in it, it's probably worth the dough.

http://www.costumecostumecostume.com/Patterns.htm

They don't have the pattern for the dress uniform, actually, so you'd probably have to settle for a voyager/ds9 costume or something similar (see the webpage for details). Unless, of course, you can find a pattern for the dress uniform and give it to them - either way, check out the "pattern construction services" on the link above for pricing on the tailoring.