Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Star Trek X Sales . . .

Star Trek X

While Paramount Home Entertainment's debut of the sci-fi sequel "Star Trek Nemesis" took the No. 1 slot on Nielsen VideoScan's First Alert DVD sales chart for the same frame, "Fisher" came in nearly neck and neck with the debut DVD sales performance of "Nemesis," which was clearly expected to perform well on DVD because of its genre, brand recognition and cult following. "Nemesis" earned an estimated $10.6 million in rental revenue its first five days on rental shelves, according to Video Store magazine data. DVD sales for "Nemesis" are estimated to have topped 1.3 million for the same frame, according to several industry sources.

--Yahoo! http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...film_video_dc_1

Are you surprised about this?

Why? Why not?

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Guest Ktrek

I never really thought Paramount would actually lose money on Nemesis. I suspected that it would do well in DVD sales. Alot of people only had limited funds available at Christmas time and only so much for movies. Now that it's coming out on DVD alot of people that maybe wanted to see will buy the DVD because they are fans. Not to mention that there was so much competition when Nemesis came out! I hope Paramount doubles their investment so they can justify another movie. The real trick will be to sustain good sales for a period of a couple of months. Only time will tell!

Ktrek

After all of the bad press it received, and people bashing it before it even premiered in the theater....I am glad to see that Nemesis is doing well in the rental and sales race. I got my copy at 12:10 am on May 20...so did a couple of other people at Wal-Mart that night/morning.. So, 10 minutes after it was released it was already off to a good start, don't you think?

All of the bad press before it came out really hurt it in the theater but now that the bad press has died down I've heard more and more people talking about how good it actually was. I myself was more surprised at how badly it did in the theater then I am about how well it is doing on Video/DVD.

Nemesis was the first Trek movie that has truely gotten me excited since The Undiscoverd Country so I hope that it continues to do well. GO NEMESIS! :rolleyes:

im not suprised at all, its an excellent movie. i've seen it three times now, and it gets better everytime. so long live nemesis. as im sure it will. :blink:

The other problem that the movie had in the theaters is that lord of the rings came out right after it so people had to choose and the ring won but I have already bought my copie of star trek x

The other problem that the movie had in the theaters is that lord of the rings came out right after it so people had to choose and the ring won but I have already bought my copie of star trek x

True, but in reality Nemesis was not and could not compete agains the Two Towers

Which movie could rivalize with Two Towers?

And, anyway, I know people that already got the 9 first dvd.. they will buy the 10th ;-)

I got it the day it went out and I'm glad. A lot of added stuff and the director commentary in all the movie was great!

Which movie could rivalize with Two Towers?

And, anyway, I know people that already got the 9 first dvd.. they will buy the 10th ;-)

I got it the day it went out and I'm glad. A lot of added stuff and the director commentary in all the movie was great!

ummm the only cometition for the Two Towere would have been probably ummmm..The Fellowship of the Ring, and a new compeition will be Return of The King... LOTR is in a class in itself...nothing i can think of could ever really compete(Braveheart, IMO, comes close though)

yes BRAVEHEART was a GREAT movie. one of the best of all time.IMO

Cool!!!! A Braveheart fan, YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Special fun historical note:On my mom's side I am a Grant, who were one of the strongest supporters of William Wallace...so the movie has a special place in my family's heart, aside from it being a tremendous movie...

I really liked Nemesis, Thought it was great, good plot. After reading all the negitive posts on ST.com boards you would think they where Anti-StarTrek or something. I plan to buy the DVD sometime soon. :laugh:

I'm pleased its doing well.

I have my copy.

I also saw it in the theatre at the first showing when it opened.

Sign in to follow this