Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

My trip

My trip to Maryland was for the purpose of Renovating a house... I wasn't able to do a lot of work one handed but I was able to help in other ways, mostly I just told my nephews what needed to be done while me and my greatniece/goddaughter (6 years old) played with her coloring and sticker books, even played barbies for a while lol. It was a good time but a lot of work at the same time. Sleeping on an air mattress on the floor with no hot water, no heat (got cold at night) and no internet connection. I could have went to a motel but I figured more would get done for less money if I just stayed in the house (My grandparents old house, and I do mean old... 80 year old house).

dude, i didn't know - that doesn't sound like too cool a trip ... curious, is your wrist broken? or something? - im sorta new, so i might not know, but i so get the 'one-handed' trip - i broke my wrist last year, was in a cast for six months (!), then they had to graft a piece of my hip to finally fix it - if you're hurtin', i feel for you, and all my best ...

I know your question was answered in the other thread but for anyone that doesn't see it I'll answer here too.

I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, nerve damage in my wrist and elbow. I'll have surgery later this month (June 25th). It sucks but I'm getting a nice long "vacation" from work. Almost all of may and all of June.

From March 15th till May 12 I was only able to work 3 hours a day so I've had a lot of time to devote to this site lol.

Glad you had a good time! ( or at least, i think you did :rolleyes:)

yeah, when anything is wrong with any part of your arm or hand, it really stinks! I've broken my left wrist once, and my right wrist twice, and sprained them both so many times i've lost count. I've never had to have surgery though, hope it goes well.

sounds like a good time to me. i love working on old houses, ive been doing a lot on my house in the last three and a half years i lived here. i can also feel for the one armed bandit. i crushed my hand almost two years ago at work, dropped 500 pounds on it, or that is i had help dropping 500 pounds on it, well thats another story, anyway,i had to have surgery on the two fingers that broke, then last march i had to have another surgery to fuse one of my fingers top and middle bone together with a bone graft from my wrist, my bone was disinigrating from the injury. now my wrist bothers me quite a bit. but alas all a part of life. now its mostly fine, but i can never make a full fist agian, and it bothers me now and then, especially in the winter cold. well my best to you, and a speedy recovery. :blink: