Do you play DDR?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play DDR?

• Yes
    • No
    • What?
    • Haven't tried it but want to
    • Haven't tried it and never will

I have noticed, while shopping for a playstation 2 today that nearly every copy and dance mat in every store was sold out. Now, I thought that it was a fairly unpopular game with the gaming community; I guess I was wrong, big time. What I would like to know is, do any of you play it? If you play it, who got you started, when, what mode are you on and whats your favorite song?

I do, I'm on light mode right now and just getting the PS2 game and the mat (still working on the PS2 part of the equation....) so I can practice more. Its a fun game, good workout and great songs. Just watching people playing it got me courious, but since I didn't want to do horriable by myself I got a friend to play it with me and I was hooked ever since. As I said before, I'm on light mode and just because I feel like it; my average grade is a C (><:(. My favorite song is, well the title of it is all in Japanese and it begins with a D and its on the arcade version of Extreme....eh, I'll jot it down when I play it next.

I have noticed, while shopping for a playstation 2 today that nearly every copy and dance mat in every store was sold out. Now, I thought that it was a fairly unpopular game with the gaming community; I guess I was wrong, big time. What I would like to know is, do any of you play it?  If you play it, who got you started, when, what mode are you on and whats your favorite song?

I do, I'm on light mode right now and just getting the PS2 game and the mat (still working on the PS2 part of the equation....) so I can practice more. Its a fun game, good workout and great songs. Just watching people playing it got me courious, but since I didn't want to do horriable by myself I got a friend to play it with me and I was hooked ever since. As I said before, I'm on light mode and just because I feel like it; my average grade is a C (><B). My favorite song is, well the title of it is all in Japanese and it begins with a D and its on the arcade version of Extreme....eh, I'll jot it down when I play it next.

292717[/snapback]

Not meaning to be stereotypical here, but DDR is very much an Asian video game. considering that Asians are over 1/3 of the world's population, almost 1/2, it's bound to steal off the shelves. It's a craze among the Asian community. You go to a Chinese Church. The youth minister is bound to have a copy of DDR and two mats. :(

Not meaning to be stereotypical here, but DDR is very much an Asian video game. considering that Asians are over 1/3 of the world's population, almost 1/2, it's bound to steal off the shelves. It's a craze among the Asian community. You go to a Chinese Church. The youth minister is bound to have a copy of DDR and two mats. :(

292726[/snapback]

I realize that, but where I live there isn't a very high Asian population. I meant among other ethinicities, not just Asians.

This game is extermly popular in Japan. I can't get away from it. :(

I used to play the older version ont the PS1, but without mats. Just controllers. I got bored of it pretty fast.

Arg!!! Some people play that ALL the time in my friends' dorm. I'm glad they enjoy themselves, but it can get pretty loud :( . Only a few of my own friends play it, but I'll be avoiding it. :wink2:

Arg!!! Some people play that ALL the time in my friends' dorm. I'm glad they enjoy themselves, but it can get pretty loud B) . Only a few of my own friends play it, but I'll be avoiding it. :wink2:

292825[/snapback]

Wow, I found out that all my friends play it ><; its practially our national past-time :( . Yeah, it gets loud, but if you play it right, like turn the sound off when others are asleep and not pound the pad into the floor it can be kept to a good level.

Nope.. However, I am pretty stuck on all three volumes of Karaoke Revolution.

These games are a blast and my family cannot get enough of playing them. Any given time of the week you can find one or more of us belting out tunes on the PS2.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

These games are a blast and my family cannot get enough of playing them. Any given time of the week you can find one or more of us belting out tunes on the PS2.

292977[/snapback]

Karaoke Revolution? I haven't played that, in fact, I don't like karaoke...but I might if I can find someone to play with me....=:(= I don't like to embaress myself alone lol.

*squeal* I lurve DDR! I have it for PS2. For Christmas I got a really nice dance mat; it's non-slip and has hard foam on the inside (it unzips around the edge so you can take the foam out and fold up the mat, the foam is in pieces so they store easy as well as the rest of it)

Honestly, it's the only active thing that I'll do willingly. It should be considered a sport.

292977[/snapback]

Karaoke Revolution? I haven't played that, in fact, I don't like karaoke...but I might if I can find someone to play with me....=:lol:= I don't like to embaress myself alone lol.

292992[/snapback]

Funniest thing is, I would not easily pick up a microphone and sing. Even though I do sing sometimes at some of my family's music jobs. But, the way the speakers are, I do not easily hear my own voice over the music at the venues...so I am fine :blush 2: . I like singing, but not on a microphone and definately NOT in front of others. I will dance and play music in public, but not sing. That is until...........

We got the game

Nowadays, hand me a mic I will sing my heart out in front of people. :yahoo: Highest score you can get is 50000, and I have gotten that a few times on a couple songs now(My Immortal, White Flag, and The Reason). And got really close-within 5 to 20 points- on a handful of other songs(Sweet Home Alabama, You're The One That I Want, I'm With You... are the closest ones as of right now.).

And though it is fun playing the one player game....it is MUCH more fun with a group. We decided to take it to my sister's baby shower, and everyone had a blast! Plus in Volume III, you can compete in Duets which adds more fun to the game.

Of course, you have to purchase the microphones or headset which is a bit pricey.