Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Happy Birthday Rick Berman

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RICK BERMAN

berman.jpg

With over 600 episodes of Star Trek to his credit, Emmy Award-winning producer Rick Berman is co-creator and executive producer of Paramount Network Television's Star Trek: Enterprise for UPN.

Berman was previously the co-creator and executive producer of Star Trek: Voyager for UPN and was executive producer, since its inception in 1987, of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. He was producer and co-story writer of the feature films "Star Trek Generations," "Star Trek: First Contact" and "Star Trek: Insurrection." Berman also oversaw the tenth Star Trek movie, "Star Trek Nemesis," released in December 2002.

Under Berman's guidance Star Trek: The Next Generation became the first syndicated series in history to be nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Drama. In all, the series won 16 Emmy Awards and, with a total of 55 Emmy nominations, remains one of the most-nominated dramatic series of all time. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine garnered four Emmy Awards and 31 nominations, and Star Trek: Voyager won five Emmy Awards and landed 26 nominations.

Berman joined the Paramount family in 1984 as director of current programming, overseeing Cheers, Family Ties and Webster. Within a year, he was named executive director of dramatic programming, overseeing the development of the telefilms, mini-series and specials including the epic "Space," "Wallenberg: A Hero's Story" and ABC's top-rated MacGyver. He was promoted in May 1986 to vice president, longform and special projects for Paramount Network Television, overseeing the development of telefilms, mini-series and specials. In 1987, he was selected by Gene Roddenberry to join him as he created Star Trek: The Next Generation. In 1991, following Roddenberry's death, Berman took over the reins for Star Trek.

Prior to joining Paramount, he was director of dramatic development for Warner Bros. Television. He was an independent producer on numerous projects from 1982-1984, including What on Earth, an informational series for HBO, and "The Primal Mind," a one-hour award-winning special for PBS. From 1977-1982, he was senior producer of The Big Blue Marble, for which he won an Emmy for Outstanding Children's Series.

from startrek.com

Love him or hate him, no one can deny his contribution to Star Trek.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Berman.

Does anyone know his religious affiliation? I'm just wondering because his birthday falls on Christmas Day, so if he's Christian he probably gets Christmas/Birthday presents. That would mean he would get fewer presents than if his birthday fell on a different day of the year. I realize that's not the point of Christmas, but it's the kind of thing I think about. The only reason I'm unsure is because I believe Berman is a common Jewish name.

It's also Rod Serling's birthday today. :)

Among the greatest of people in television history. :P

He turns 80 years old today. :bow:

Click For Spoiler
post-812-1104041045.jpg
Happy Birthday to you too, Berman. :hug: :P

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Yes, Happy Birthday Mr. Berman.

Now please leave the franchise and take Mr. Braga with you before you both kill what's left of Trek.

:(

Edited by The King

Guest Mike_Hines01

Happy Birthday Mr. Berman.