Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

To those that do not celebrate

I haven't celebrated my birthday for several years. There's no real "reason" for me not to celebrate it, and there's no real reason for me to celebrate it. For me, it's just another day.

I shouldn't be the one getting gifts and congratulations on that day, it's my mother that did all the work. I just showed up.

VBG - You and I are at the age where we do not celebrate birthdays, we dread them.

<span style='font-size:16pt;line-height:100%'>Dread your birthday? SHEESH! B) I'll be 52 next April, and I'm looking forward to it! B) </span>

I still look forward to my birthday! B)

There is a big difference. At your age the feeling is "Hooray! I survived another year!" At my age the feeling is "How much did my 401(k) loose this year?" B)

Please note the B) symbol which makes this post exempt from retribution from mods and members alike.

You are not much older than me. I am 31 years old. I believe you are about 4 years older than me. I do have something like 401k. Its called a Trift Saving Plan for government employees and the military. I didn't lose any money on it. B)

There is a big difference.  At your age the feeling is "Hooray!  I survived another year!"  At my age the feeling is "How much did my 401(k) loose this year?"  B)

Please note the  B)  symbol which makes this post exempt from retribution from mods and members alike.

293726[/snapback]

B) I have an upcoming birthday, and that would place me, I think, between LVR and BB in age ~~ I'll be 47 ~~ so I don't know whether to be glum B) or ready to do a happy dance B) ! Whatever. B)

Yeah, I don't really celebrate my birthday either. Right now, I live with the ever-haunting dread that my co-workers like me enough to look up employee information and throw me a bash on the appropriate day. Nothing I want less, I assure you. I mean, my GIRLFRIEND doesn't even know when my birthday is! Why would I want my coworkers to know?

I gave up on my birthday. I'm still waiting on presents from two years ago. With my birthday just over a month away, I see no reason to continue hoping.

That, and I have my own kids' birthdays to worry about...