Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Deep Space Nine DVD Sets

Season 3

B00008KA5A.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

(Picture From Amazon)

Online retailer Amazon.com recently published the specifications for the DVD set of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine's third season.

Scheduled for release in North America on June 3, 2003, the seven-disc set contains all 26 episodes of the show's 1994-1995 season. The episodes are presented in full frame format with English Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 surround soundtracks.

The DVD box set contains the third-season premiere, "The Search", which marks the first appearance of the Defiant as the DS9 crew seek out the Founders; the time-travel story "Past Tense"; another trip to the mirror universe in "Through The Looking Glass"; the two-part "Improbable Cause" and "The Die Is Cast", in which the Romulans and Cardassians join forces to attack the Dominion; and the season finale, "The Adversary".

Several Deep Space Nine featurettes are also included:

The Birth of the Dominion and Beyond - Executive producer Ira Steven Behr and others discuss the origins of Deep Space Nine's long-running foe.

Michael Westmore's Aliens, Season Three - Makeup supervisor Michael Westmore shows off his creations, including "Kira as a Cardassian, Bashir's aging process, and several dramatic changes for Odo".

Crew Dossier: Odo - Actor Rene Auberjonois talks his role as DS9's security chief.

Time Travel Files - Cast and crew discuss the two-part episode, "Past Tense".

Sailing Through the Stars: A Special Look at "Explorers" -Production designer Herman Zimmerman on the design of the Bajoran solar ship, including "rarely seen photos and illustrations".

The Deep Space Nine third-season DVD set can be pre-ordered from Amazon.com for $97.49, 25% off the list price. Amazon.ca is retailing the set for 30% off the recommended price at CDN $128.79.

In the United Kingdom, the DVD package will be released on June 23, while German fans can pick up the set a day later on June 24. To pre-order the European (Region 2) sets and support TrekToday, please use the following links: Amazon.co.uk - Amazon.de.

--TrekToday http://www.trektoday.com/news/240503_01.shtml

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Me too

[Like I have said several times . . . .

I buy my sets at Best Buy because you get a free extra bonus disk. And another good news is that Best Buy seems to have lowered the cost to a regular price of $99.99! Last time it was around $115

]

Master Q

Do you think that they will eventualy come out with a box set of TNG dvd's and DS9 and then Voyager?

Do you think that they will eventualy come out with a box set of TNG dvd's and DS9 and then Voyager?

All of TNG is already out

VOY will most likely come out after DS9 does

Master Q

Yes, Master Q is quite correct, all 7 of the NG DVD BOX-SETS (better hurry) have been released. So far I have not had any trouble being sure the bonus disks are attached, if the shrink-wrap appears to have been altered at all I refuse it and ask for another. My total price for each box is about $112 including tax. I have herad it said VOY Box Set’s will start their release’s in early 2004.

I already own TNG's dvds ( are you kidding!) I mis-wrote my question..I should have been more clear. Is it a possibility that Paramount will release the full 7 seasons of DS9, Tng and Voy in a box..so that we don't have to buy season 1-7 of each series..when we can just buy a box with them all?

I already own TNG's dvds ( are you kidding!) I mis-wrote my question..I should have been more clear. Is it a possibility that Paramount will release the full 7 seasons of DS9, Tng and Voy in a box..so that we don't have to buy season 1-7 of each series..when we can just buy a box with them all?

Oh, I see.

Anything is possible, but I don’t see any plans to do so. They probably won’t though (they might, but at this point no one can really say) And to buy them all at once would be a lot of money.

I don’t see Paramount doing that

Master Q

I don't have any of the DS9 sets yet, I guess its time I start! There is a store near my house that sells the season sets used for $59. They also sell them online at secondspin.com but online they cost $69. Still not a bad deal.

Guest Ktrek

Master q,

You are spending way too much money for your DVD sets. Sam Goody records and also Suncoast video are owned by Best Buy. They also have the bonus disc. Their price is also $99.00 BUT if you are a member of their Replay club you can save money. For every $1.00 you spend you get a points that equate to savings certificates. They have certain days where if you pre-ordeer you get 500 points. They also have triple point weekends where you can triple all your points. My wife and I always try to take advantage of their system. We averaged with the certificates and the Paramount $25.00 rebate offer about $70.00 a season for TNG. You do have to play the game but you can have all brand new seadled copies at a decent price. The biggest drawback to this process of course is waiting for your rebates and certificates, but since you were already putting $99.00 on the table this should be no problem to you.

Have a good one!

Ktrek

Sign in to follow this