Sign in to follow this  
Shrek

Voyager Movie

i dont think voyager has a big enough fan base to have a movie made on it. ds9 is too complicated. i wnat one last tng movie. pleeaaaaaaaassssssee!

As a Niner I say DS9 can and possibly will have a movie. I think DS9 is our (Trek fans) best shot at a new movie. I believe TNG is finished, at least in the way we know TNG. I would hate to see them make one with only parts of the crew on a new ship.

Voyager's best shot at a movie was to end the series still in the Delta Quadrant. Getting home killed any "Voyager" movie. SOme of the cast could be used but it wouldn't be a "Voyager Movie" Janeway was promoted and others that weren't even in Starfleet would have moved on as well.

Where does that leave us? Enterprise, far down the road and DS9. THe way DS9 ended begs to have a movie made. Sisko is with the Prophets, Odo is in the Great Link and things are still up in the air. What happened with the Founders? The war ended but was peace established? Were there renegade Jem'Hadar and Vorta? Was Weyoun 7 (or was he 8?) really the last one or could there be another clone out there?

DS9 just lends itself to the big screen better. Can you imagine the wormhole on the big screen? Or Odo shapeshifting? Also, what's happening with Grand Nagus Rom? Has the Ferengi Alliance folded or has Rom applied for them to join the Federation, following his son's lead?

Great stories could be written around DS9, even stories that include some Voyager and TNG crews if a Mixed cast is desired.

As a Niner I say DS9 can and possibly will have a movie. I think DS9 is our (Trek fans) best shot at a new movie. I believe TNG is finished, at least in the way we know TNG. I would hate to see them make one with only parts of the crew on a new ship.

Voyager's best shot at a movie was to end the series still in the Delta Quadrant. Getting home killed any "Voyager" movie. SOme of the cast could be used but it wouldn't be a "Voyager Movie" Janeway was promoted and others that weren't even in Starfleet would have moved on as well.

Where does that leave us? Enterprise, far down the road and DS9. THe way DS9 ended begs to have a movie made. Sisko is with the Prophets, Odo is in the Great Link and things are still up in the air. What happened with the Founders? The war ended but was peace established? Were there renegade Jem'Hadar and Vorta? Was Weyoun 7 (or was he 8?) really the last one or could there be another clone out there?

DS9 just lends itself to the big screen better. Can you imagine the wormhole on the big screen? Or Odo shapeshifting? Also, what's happening with Grand Nagus Rom? Has the Ferengi Alliance folded or has Rom applied for them to join the Federation, following his son's lead?

Great stories could be written around DS9, even stories that include some Voyager and TNG crews if a Mixed cast is desired.

This is exactly why I don't think DS9 wouldn't work as a movie. Anyone who didn't watch DS9 would be completely lost.

TNG - Nemesis = final adventure

DS9 - Too complicated

VOY - Got home

ENT - Current series

This is why I think mixed-cast should be the next group of movies. If they did do a DS9 or VOY movie, I'm all for it. I'm just trying to be realistic is all. :)

This is exactly why I don't think DS9 wouldn't work as a movie.  Anyone who didn't watch DS9 would be completely lost.

TNG - Nemesis = final adventure

DS9 - Too complicated

VOY - Got home

ENT - Current series

This is why I think mixed-cast should be the next group of movies.  If they did do a DS9 or VOY movie, I'm all for it.  I'm just trying to be realistic is all. :)

You would have to give TPTB credit for the ability to make a movie that closes open ends yet is not going to leave new viewers confused. After all, look at TWOK. If you hadn't ever seen Space Seed you would have been totally lost. "Who the heck is Khan and why is he so angry?!?"

Also if you made movies that were only for the simple minded then 12 Monkeys would have never been made, The Matrix was confusing the first time around and many others as well. I had to watch 12 Monkeys twice befire I understood it fully.

A good movie is a good movie is a good movie. If some one is a bit lost at some points then that happens, but if it's a well written movie with good drama or action it won't matter because the movie explains itself.

As for being realistic, I don't know if a DS9 movie will ever be made, but I will be willing to bet you a DS9 movie will be made before a Voyager movie.

Shoot, I'd be happy with a 2 hour TV movie if that's all we could get.

Guest Ktrek

I would be happy to just have a Star Trek movie but I think a Voyager movie is very unlikely. My reasons why have been expressed elsewhere so I'm not gonna go into it again here! :)

Ktrek

I don't think Voyager will have a movie centered specifically on their cast. I think any future movie will have a mixed cast. I would love to see a DS9 movie but I doubt it will happen.

I don’t see a VOY movie. I do see the possibility of DS9, but it probably would still slightly be a mixed cast (with the focus on DS9).

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com