Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Just a heads up

It was pretty good. Shatner made a bit of a goof. They did this look into the future thing called "In the year 2000" (don't ask, its Conan). Anyway Shatner says that the original cast will reunite for Star Trek 9: The Last Payment on Shatner's beach house. Of course, Star Trek 9 was Insurrection but its not that big a deal.

Shatner also told the story about how DeForest Kelley would not talk to him for 2 years during the Original Series. Turns out, that Kelley had a Chihuaha that he walked every day. Anyway, one day Kelley comes in and tells Shatner that his dog is dead. Shatner asks how it happened. Apparently, the dog got off the leash, ran around on a lawn, hit a sprinkler head and dropped dead. Shatner started to laugh and they didn't speak for 2 years.

I must say I understand Shatner's inital reaction, I mean the entire audience laughed when he told the story. It was just a hard reaction to control in that circumstance. I can also understand Kelley's reaction as well, especially since Shatner said Kelley got mad very easily.

All in all, I'm glad I got to see that episode of Conan. With university I can't stay up real late so I only watch Conan on Friday night (well, Saturday morning). I got lucky since Shatner was on that night.

Sounds like that was a fun interview.

That chihuahua story is a new one on me; thanks for that! :congrats:

Did they ask him anything about Enterprise?

Heron

I'd like to have seen that, they repeat certain episodes over here sometimes too so hopefuly that'll be one of them.

Sounds like that was a fun interview.

That chihuahua story is a new one on me; thanks for that! :congrats:

Did they ask him anything about Enterprise?

Heron

283269[/snapback]

No nothing about Enterprise. They barely talked about Boston Legal. Mostly just chatted about his album and what not.

OK, I am really embarrassed and ashamed that no one has thought to say this yet, but...

Bones:  "He's dead, Jim!"  :congrats:

283295[/snapback]

Actually Conan asked Shatner if that's how Kelley told him. No need to be embarrassed, Conan beat you to the punch