Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Wow, Q

Apologies in advance if I offend any fans of the Klingons but:

Q has accused humanity of being too barbaric and basically, everything bad, so much that the Continuum would deny humans existance. If that's true WHY ARE THE KLINGONS STILL AROUND!?

Entertainment? what??

Q has accused humanity of being too barbaric and basically, everything bad, so much that the Continuum would deny humans existance.  If that's true WHY ARE THE KLINGONS STILL AROUND!?

Entertainment?  what??

275930[/snapback]

I don't think it was just entertainment, Q got involved with Humans because of his fore-knowledge of their future.

If it hadn't been for Q Humanity would have ended at All Good Things right? Q knew that, if he didn't care he would have let us die. I think he wanted to help but he couldn't just prevent it nor could he let Picard know he cared so he put on the adversarial act.

He could have saved the Klingons before; perhaps he aimed the Praxis explosion cloud at the Excelsior?

I disagree, I don't think that Q cared for humans, I think though that he had a certain admiration for humanity and a fascination with us.

Maybe Q believes that humans have the best chance of becoming more like the Q, so has taken a special interrest in them. That would make sense, considering Wesley's new-found ability in Journey's End.

He could have saved the Klingons before; perhaps he aimed the Praxis explosion cloud at the Excelsior? [/color]

275956[/snapback]

Interesting hypothesis AE.

Maybe Q believes that humans have the best chance of becoming more like the Q, so has taken a special interrest in them. That would make sense, considering Wesley's new-found ability in Journey's End.

276036[/snapback]

I recall an episode of TNG in which Q told Picard that humans were going to evolve into a species more powerful than the Q. Unfortunately I can't remember which episode it was off the top of my head.

I disagree, I don't think that Q cared for humans, I think though that he had a certain admiration for humanity and a fascination with us.

275974[/snapback]

Agreed; admiration and fascination are better words to describe it based solely on the episodes. My above opinion was somewhat contaminated by a few Q novels I read.

He could have saved the Klingons before; perhaps he aimed the Praxis explosion cloud at the Excelsior?

275956[/snapback]

Interesting hypothesis AE.

276128[/snapback]

:naughty: Thank you. [/color]

276036[/snapback]

I recall an episode of TNG in which Q told Picard that humans were going to evolve into a species more powerful than the Q. Unfortunately I can't remember which episode it was off the top of my head.

276179[/snapback]

That was Hide and Q, and he said that to Riker, not Picard. He also said that humans had the potential to evolve into something more powerful.