Sign in to follow this  
iamdax

Name my Baby

Congrats iamdax! I'm very happy for you.

How about Larkin? It could be either a boy's or girl's name. Many years ago I had a girl friend who's name is Larkin. My fiancee's name is Larkin. You don't hear that name very often. I think it's rather unique.

Also for a girl's name, I'm rather partial to Riaan.

Again congrats!

On the note of that "drew peacock" thing I know someone with the last name of abbott. She was thinking of naming her child "peter". try saying that out loud! lol

274268[/snapback]

I had a friend when I was a kid whose father's name was Peter Pan. I'm not making that up. He was a pathologist. He was born before the book came out.

How about Jaden for a boy - named after Data in "Thine Own Self". :flowers:

I'll understand if you want to pass on Lwaxanna for a girl though.

Sorry I haven't written for a while but i have been resting... Nothing to serious but the doc told me to rest up.... The baby is fine and Andrew (thats my partner) so dotting over me like a mothering hen.... (Gotta love them) I'm really into the three dot thingy today so plz 4give. NEway thats todays news...

Love ya all

Kessy

feeling beta now, even when back to work... i'm an administrator for small businesses. i run it from home... guess i'm still into the three dot thingy... andy is still hovering.

I still love 'im

I like simple names

Boy

Jake

Jack

Josh

Michael

Sean

Girl

Ella

Sophie

Allison

Claire

Elizabeth

:frusty: It appears I have a thing for J's and boys! :angry:

Hey guys i haven't posted for a while because i'm moving.

I leave tomorrow and won't have internet acess. I will still be on occasionally and will tell you how the baby goes.

Thank you all for your love, best wishes and support over the time i have been here. god bless

Signing off

IAMDAX (Kes D'Tal)

My husband and I are having a little girl, but we went through a lot of names before deciding on the right one. Her name will be: Evelyn June

GIRLS:

Jocelyn, Evelyn, Kayley, Samantha or Eowyn were top of the list

BOYS:

Jerle, Sidney, Joseph or Anthony were topping off the boys before we knew it was a girl.

I'm not sure if this helps, or if I'm too late. But, if I'm in fact late, congratulations! If I'm not late, hang in there, you're in for a wonderful ride! I'm only 11 days away, and it's been GREAT! I've lost a grand total of 45 pounds, and that's before giving birth! I can't wait! They says the baby is healthy, and I'm losing fat weight while gaining baby. How wonderful my metabolism is finally working! :-)

Edited by EmilSoong

Here's one for each...

For a boy, Enlau.

For a girl, Accalia.

One name was picked by my girlfriend, the other by her youngest sister.

I don't know if the boy's name is spelled right, but it looks cool.

NOt Far Enough!!!!!

I'm back for a visit and love that you guys have still been posting about two months to go! wow i'm going to be a mummy (or Mommy for you americans)! the reality is starting to sink in. Andy Asked me to marry him, i think i will, he'll be the perfect choice for my first marriage. :P

Love You guys :)

Miss our chats like crazy.

Love Kessy

Edited by iamdax

I'm going to make a bit of different post here then those before...

Don't know if it has been said before or not but there are so many names, I will only give advise on what names you shouldnt choose...

Never, EVER, pick names from movies... like those airhead celebrities that pick the names of the children and most of us go: :P

Never call them placenames; Not ''New York'', Not ''Bronx'', ''Russia'', ''Florida''... etc.. you get the idea...

You have no idea how you will scar your child with names like those. It may seem like fun but they shall be teased about it later on in school.

Do not name him Picard, Do not name her Janeway.

Do not call them Leia/Luke either...

Numbers like ''Seven'' need no further explaining, I mean, come-on, why not name it ''twelvehundredthousandfourhundredandfiftyone to the 7th power''...

Do not call them ''dollar, euro, yen, baht, pound...'' etc...

Give them, ''normal'' names... names that can be pronounced :)

Give them names that they won't be teased about.

My two eurocents about naming babies :P

Edit: Oh I forgot: congratulations :)

Edited by Kaileron

Heh, if you'd like...

You can name him or her after your favourite author/director/etc...

Remember what Dr. Emmett Brown named his children in “Back to the Future, Part III?” :P

post-812-1095566621.gif

Never, EVER, pick names from movies... like those airhead celebrities that pick the names of the children and most of us go: :P

At least not way out there names...

My sister's daughter's name was chosen because of Emil's favorite character from the movie the Mummy. (No, not Ankhsunamun. She chose the name Evelyn. That is a name that you do not see very often much anymore...at least from what I have seen around where I live, not very many people under the age of maybe 30 that have the name Evelyn. I know of one other child that has that name as her first name. But it is a rather normal, and yet mature name for a girl.)

Congratulations Mum!!! :P

I have to say, it's no fun going through life with your name misspelled. It's a pain. You may think it's unique, but at some point in life, you're kid will ask, "Why did you do this to me? My kids are going to be John or Jane so they don't have to go through what I did."

That said, here are a couple of suggestions:

Calla - Greek, meaning "beautiful"

Maeve - Celtic, meaning "joy or joyful"

Jada - Hebrew, meaning "wise"

Gareth - Welsh, meaning "gentle"

Shea - Irish/Gaelic, meaning "majestic, scientific, ingenious one" (good name for a baby trekkie)

I also like Jaden for a boy.

I have to say, it's no fun going through life with your name misspelled.  It's a pain. 

:yes: :yes: Isn't THAT the truth. I adore my name and would not change it for the world(meaning my first name), but it is a pain to see it mispelled constantly and often mispronounced. My first name is a common one, but only it is spelled kind of a unique way.

EmilSoong, now she has to deal with mispelled and VERY often mispronounced first name.

My parents, same thing... my father's is a Scandinavian name, so it is not as common here in the US as it would be in Norway. And Mom, though not Hawaiian has a Hawaiian first and middle name so again not common where we live in the US. So except my little brother, everyone has problems running into names being mispelled and mispronounced. Our last name gets messed up a ton too (same with my sister's married name)

For a girl, I like the name 'Thyme'. I know is a herb but it would of gone well with our last name. Dr.Who42 might like it too :spock::laugh: Edited by BlueCrystal