TransporterMalfunction

Should Faith of the Heart be replaced?

Does Enterprise need a new theme?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Does Enterprise need a new theme?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only on Tuesdays

i totally agree, i was in a store one time and heard the song. that was the first time i heard the whole thing, and of course the first thing that popped into my head was ENTERPRISE. why would they want to change that now.

Yep, the first time my family and I heard the long version was in the store (about 8 months ago.) We were dancing in the aisles! :innocent:

well then cant you just keep on mutin it? why do you mute it, its a great song whats wrong with it that you dont like. just wondering

You know, I would have to say "no, don't change the theme". Although I don't particularly like that song. Its just too over the top cheese for me. I can appreciate the meaning behind it, but it still makes me laugh sometimes. But, it also somehow fits Enterprise now, and I think I would miss it if they changed it. It always bugs me a little when shows change their intros. It just seems to date the older episodes too much when you go back and watch them.

:laugh::innocent:

I picked the tuesday one for some reason, but now that I think about it I would rather it stay because it's gives the show a different feel then all the other Star Trek series.

well then cant you just keep on mutin it? why do you mute it, its a great song whats wrong with it that you dont like. just wondering

Yes, it is a great song. Actually I like the song, I just think it doesn't sound appropriate for a Star Trek series.....And yes, I realize I'm in the minority of fans who feel this way. :innocent:

I don't think it should be changed, just because it characterizes so much of the theme of the show.

First of all, the song, in itself, is a big departure from previous Trek incarnations. This one has words and this one's not showing breathtaking images of the ship (or station in DS9's case) coasting through space. But that's what Enterprise is about. The setting takes place before any other Trek. No rules have been established, Archer has nothing to go on, and it's going to be different. This difference is established right from the start with the theme song. But, at the end, it does have the Enterprise warping out into space... much like the other theme songs. This is just a reminder that even though Enterprise is different, it's still Star Trek, and there are some traditions that you just don't break.

Secondly, the words and the montage that goes along with the song are very appropriate. "It's been a long road..." It certainly has. "They're not gonna' hold me down no more, no they're not gonna' change my mind." Nobody can hold Archer back, now. He's going to go out there and no one, not Starfleet, not the Vulcans, not the Klingons... nobody is going to make him turn back. The pictures are great, each showing a pioneering step in exploration. Showing some shimps named Enterprise and pretty much creating a time line... showing how much and how long it took to get to where they are now, exactly what the song is emphasizing.

And lastly... you can sing along with it! There are times where I just want to sing a Star Trek theme, but I can't because they don't have words. I end up just humming. Now I can randomly burst out into song! "Faith, of the heart!" Every time I watch the show, I sing along with the lyrics. (My sister provides wonderful background vocals.) And we have a general good time.

This song always puts me into the mood of what Enterprise is about, and to change it would be a shame.

I don't think it should be changed, just because it characterizes so much of the theme of the show.

First of all, the song, in itself, is a big departure from previous Trek incarnations.  This one has words and this one's not showing breathtaking images of the ship (or station in DS9's case) coasting through space.  But that's what Enterprise is about.  The setting takes place before any other Trek.  No rules have been established, Archer has nothing to go on, and it's going to be different.  This difference is established right from the start with the theme song.  But, at the end, it does have the Enterprise warping out into space... much like the other theme songs.  This is just a reminder that even though Enterprise is different, it's still Star Trek, and there are some traditions that you just don't break.

Secondly, the words and the montage that goes along with the song are very appropriate.  "It's been a long road..."  It certainly has.  "They're not gonna' hold me down no more, no they're not gonna' change my mind."  Nobody can hold Archer back, now.  He's going to go out there and no one, not Starfleet, not the Vulcans, not the Klingons... nobody is going to make him turn back.  The pictures are great, each showing a pioneering step in exploration.  Showing some shimps named Enterprise and pretty much creating a time line... showing how much and how long it took to get to where they are now, exactly what the song is emphasizing.

And lastly... you can sing along with it!  There are times where I just want to sing a Star Trek theme, but I can't because they don't have words.  I end up just humming.  Now I can randomly burst out into song!  "Faith, of the heart!"  Every time I watch the show, I sing along with the lyrics.  (My sister provides wonderful background vocals.)  And we have a general good time.

This song always puts me into the mood of what Enterprise is about, and to change it would be a shame.

I DONT HAVE ANY CLAPPING HANDS BUT PICTURE ME CLAPPING. WOW, YOU PUT THAT GREAT.

First of all, the song, in itself, is a big departure from previous Trek incarnations.  This one has words and this one's not showing breathtaking images of the ship (or station in DS9's case) coasting through space.  But that's what Enterprise is about.  The setting takes place before any other Trek.  No rules have been established, Archer has nothing to go on, and it's going to be different.  This difference is established right from the start with the theme song.  But, at the end, it does have the Enterprise warping out into space... much like the other theme songs.  This is just a reminder that even though Enterprise is different, it's still Star Trek, and there are some traditions that you just don't break.

Secondly, the words and the montage that goes along with the song are very appropriate.  "It's been a long road..."  It certainly has.  "They're not gonna' hold me down no more, no they're not gonna' change my mind."  Nobody can hold Archer back, now.  He's going to go out there and no one, not Starfleet, not the Vulcans, not the Klingons... nobody is going to make him turn back.  The pictures are great, each showing a pioneering step in exploration.  Showing some shimps named Enterprise and pretty much creating a time line... showing how much and how long it took to get to where they are now, exactly what the song is emphasizing.

And lastly... you can sing along with it!  There are times where I just want to sing a Star Trek theme, but I can't because they don't have words.  I end up just humming.  Now I can randomly burst out into song!  "Faith, of the heart!"  Every time I watch the show, I sing along with the lyrics.  (My sister provides wonderful background vocals.)  And we have a general good time.

I DONT HAVE ANY CLAPPING HANDS BUT PICTURE ME CLAPPING. WOW, YOU PUT THAT GREAT.

:CLAPPING HANDS: The song also holds metaphorical and personal meaning for me because for as long as I have been a fan of Trek, someone has always tried to hold me down because I am a fan (you know what I mean), Faith has given me new strength to show them what for.