Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

Potential plot-lines for new Star Trek series

:b-day: Here's my idea. Tell me what you think, and if you have any ideas, please post them!

It starts out in the early to mid-21st century. Basically, within the next 50 years. The world is on the brink of the 3rd World War. In Star Trek history, the Eugenics War. Foreign nations are developing genetically altered "supermen." The United States, refusing to do the same, nevertheless sees these "supermen" as major threats, so makes a joke of its own. The US government creates cybernetically altered soldiers. As this would cause a major outcry by US citizens, these cyber-soldiers are kept secret. And to ensure the military's safety, they design these cyber-soldiers to have no free will, and to work under a collective mind. (See where I'm going with this?)

Being a new technology, and one in which all the bugs haven't been worked out, several on these cyber-soldiers retain their individuality. Outraged by what the military has been doing, they use their collective links to get the rest to rebel. They convert a ship into a sleeper ship, similar to the one Kahn and his men had in the TOS episode "Space Seed." (DY-500?)

Not everyone had similar ideas as to their future, though, so the group split into two, one being led by one person who wants to use these cyborgs for her own personal gain, and the other group being led by one person who wants to allow these cyborgs and their offspring to utilize their cybernetic abilities in the best possible way, but at the same time grow as individuals.

Needless to say, the first group will go on to become the ancestors of the Borg. (Which I think is an ironic twist, seeing as Earth's greatest enemy is it's own creation. Also, it would explain why the Borg always head straight for Earth when they invade.) The second group remains in cryogenic stasis until revived at some future time. (I'd like it to be the 25th century. I'd like to see what future advances happen. Also, I would like to see a cross-over into the mirror universe, but that could become its own separate story-line.)

Note from mod: I have only edited one word. I think you must have made a typo with the word "ship" and the board was showing that you were "trying to say a bad word but can't" regarding the sleeper ship.

Edited by Takara_Soong

Another plot outline I can think of is based on the TNG episode titled "Yesterday's Enterprise."

In the original plot, the crew of the Enterprise D realized that the Enterprise C had a chore to do in its time. So the Enterprise C was repaired and sent back into the temporal rift which had sent it into the 24th century, but not before Klingon warships attacked. This episode was about alternate time-line. What if the Enterprise D, in an attempt to protect the Enterprise C, was drawn into the temporal rift, sending it back in time 25 years? What time-line would have resulted from that event?

I've had a pair of ideas that I think would work well.

1.) Roughly 25 years after Voyager has returned home, this Star Trek would be set on a ship that instead of exploring the depths of space would be more or less a political vessel. Day to day function would involve transporting diplomats, settling conflicts, and when the situation calls for if sent to the front lines of a major conflict as a peace maker but ready for war. Also the climate of the Alpha Quadrant would be different; the Romulans would be weakened from a 12 year long civil war, the Klingons are on the borderline of bankruptcy due to over spending in their military and are now secretly speaking to Earth of membership in the Federation, the Cardassians are still struggling to get back on their feet from the after effects of the Dominion War, and all this leaves the Federation as the only major Super-power in the quadrant.

2.)Probably about the same time period, but set on a Federation colony on the rim of known space. The colony is protected by a star base in orbit around the planet and a smaller class starship (probably no bigger than an Akira class vessel). The main characters would be the command staff of the Star Base and the civilian leader of the colony. From there I don't know, but special steps would have to be taken to ensure that the show wouldn't be to much like DS9.