Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Episode Idea

Enterprise is attacked by the Xindi while they are in the Delphic Expanse. Archer is injured during the attack and when he arrives in sickbay he is in a coma. In his coma Archer believes that he is on Earth in the early 22nd century. However, while he believes he is Jonathon Archer to everyone else he is Tolek, the Vulcan ambassador to Earth prior to Soval. Archer believes that he really is the Ambassador and that he is the past and so he decides to do what he believes the Vulcans should have done: he gives Earth the information they need to build a warp engine. After the High Command learns of this they recall "Tolek" and prepare to court martial him when they learn of news of were working with the new information exploded when they attempted to experiment with the data. Luckily the explosions did not involve antimatter and so the destruction was not complete but devastation is wide spread throughout southern Montana. The proceedings are disrupted and 'Tolek' travels to Earth. When he arrives in Montana he sees the devastation and is overwhelmed by it. He sees a small partially melted piece of plastic on the ground. He picks it up and although it is highly damaged me can make out the name "Henry Archer". He realizes that his father died and breaks down when suddenly he is revived by Phlox in Sickbay. He is obviously shaken and remains in Sickbay overnight. He asks T'pol to see him and he tells her that he finally understands why her people did what they did.

What do you think? I think it should be called "There are Reasons" or perhaps "Decisions" or "Past Regrets". I would enjoy some input on this episode and its title. I just hope it isn't too much of a rehash.

I first viewed this topic almost immediately after you posted it and have been thinking about it ever since. No real canon has been established about the death of Henry (other than he's dead) so it is worthy of consideration, just for fun.

Although it did remind me of Sisko’s adventures in altered reality (or was it?) I like it; I think it is a wonderful platform for which to show (a possible) Vulcan point of view. I have thought before of the possibility the Vulcan’s were somehow responsible for the death of Henry Archer, perhaps (in this scenario) Jon feel’s some guilt about not doing something to prevent his dad’s death thus triggering the vision.(?) About the title, yours are better than anything I can scrape off of my consciousness. ;) Thanks for sharing your ideas.

That is an awsome idea! It sounds more like a season ender/season opener then just a normal episode though. I hope some of the big dudes come here and read it.

I love that idea, it sounds so cool! U should send it to the powers that be, i heard a rumour once that they were happy to take a look at fan's ideas and sometimes they were even used! I am sure that if that is true they would love your idea as it's awesome!

thats a pretty cool idea. you should submit it. i dont know if its any good but how about something like. understanding the past. or the mind of a vulcan, or vulcan thinking. or one last one, throught the eyes of a vulcan.