Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Chat Room Trivia Session #24

StarTrekFans.net's

Official Chat Room Star Trek Trivia

Our last chat room trivia session was all the way back last month because we took off September 11th for obvious reasons, but we are back in business and will be having our 24th official trivia session this Saturday at 4PM US/Eastern.

To make up for the one less trivia session this month, a special Star Trek Jeopardy chat room trivia session will be held. It will be played just like the real TV-game show. The only thing I might take out is the final round.

Jeopardy.JPG

On this same day we also have a special Trek-News-Talk guest chat with Warp 11 at 9PM US/Eastern! (Info - click here) And then, on Sunday we have a BBK Update Trek-News-Talk chat at 4PM US/Eastern! (Info - click here) So we have a lot of stuff to look forward to this weekend.

Let's quickly rundown the basics:

We will have two rounds with 20 questions each. Each round will be divided into 4 general categories.

Round 1:

Category A | Category B | Category C | Category D

0.25______|0.25_______|0.25_______|0.25 (point value)

0.5_______|0.5________|0.5________|0.5

1_________|1_________|1__________|1

1.5_______|1.5________|1.5________|1.5

2_________|2_________|2_________|2

Round 2:

Category A | Category B | Category C | Category D

0.5_______|0.5 _______|0.5 _______|0.5_______

1 ________|1 ________|1 ________|1 ________

2 ________|2 ________|2 ________|2 ________

3 ________|3 ________|3 ________|3 ________

4 ________|4 ________|4 ________|4 ________

Let's say person x starts the game. Person x will pick a category and then a point value. I will then post the answer in the chat room. If you think you know the question, then buzz in. The buzz code is:

The first person to buzz in will then be called by me. When I call you out, you may then give your response in the form of a --question--. You must give your response within a reasonable time or time will run out.

If you get it correct, then you will get the point value and get to pick the next category and point value. If you are incorrect, then I will minus that point value on your sum of points in that round. Anyone else will be able to buzz in to try to answer the question.

Example:

Player x--- Captains for 2 points.

Master Q--- Answer: Captain of the Enterprise-D.

Player y--- *

Master Q--- Player y

Player y--- Who is Captain Picard?

Double Jeopardy! ... There is one Double Jeopardy hidden in both rounds. If you pick a category & point value where a Double Jeopardy is hidden, then you will tell me how many points you wish to risk, which you can possibly gain. You can bet all of you points to make it a true Double Jeopardy, but no more then that.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Do you have to phrase the answer in question form?

266210[/snapback]

Yes.

About how long does this usually take?

266375[/snapback]

The longest I've seen a session run is about 90 minutes.

Alterego is correct; you have to respond in the form of a question as my post said. In truth, I didn't reply to you because the answer to that question was already given. You got to read the rules.

The longest trivia session was probably around 90 minutes, conversely, the shortest was probably around 30 minutes. However, the average seems to be around 45 to 60 minutes. This specific session I don't know how long it will last; it depends on numerous factors, but it will probably be a longer session because it will take longer to keep track of each category/point-value and we will have to continuity update scores, which we normally don't do.

Master Q

Quotes

0.25 (point value)

Series

Alien Species

Planet Earth

Round one complete!

Quotes

0.25- Answer: When a bomb starts talking to itself in the third person, I get worried.

Click For Spoiler

0.5- Answer: Doctor, has anyone ever told you that you are an infuriating pest!?!

Click For Spoiler

1- Answer: Your child is having a tantrum, Mr. Spock.

Click For Spoiler

1.5- Answer: Nice Legs... for a human.

Click For Spoiler

Series

0.25- Answer: This series ran from 1987 to 1994.

Click For Spoiler

0.5- Answer: The episode "Alliances" ran on this series.

Click For Spoiler

1- Answer: The fan-film "New Voyages," is based off this series.

Click For Spoiler

1.5- Answer: This character on this series, has served on the U.S.S. Excelsior, Billing, & Wyoming.

Click For Spoiler

2- Answer: On this Star Trek series, two criminals from the 27th century went to the 24th century, tin the hopes in finding the powerful Tox Uthat.

Click For Spoiler

Alien Species

0.25- Answer: tlhIngan Hol is their language.

Click For Spoiler

0.5- Answer: In The Host," they were first introduced.

Click For Spoiler

Double Jeopardy- Answer: These alien species search for new life by bringing that new life to them.

Click For Spoiler

1- Answer: In "Darmaok" we meet this alien species.

Click For Spoiler

2 - Answer: They are the dominate humanoid life-form on the planet Talos IV.

Click For Spoiler

Planet Earth (Random Qs)

0.25- Answer: Lakes Superior, Michigan, Huron, Erie, and Ontario.

Click For Spoiler

0.5- Answer: It is the smallest of the seven continents.

Click For Spoiler

1- Answer: The Falkland Islands are in this ocean.

Click For Spoiler

1.5- Answer: It is North America's deepest chasm.

Click For Spoiler

2- Answer: It is the longest tributary of the Amazon River.

Click For Spoiler

Episodes

0.5- Answer: Keiko is possessed by the spirit of a fallen Prophet in this episode.

Click For Spoiler

1- Answer: In this episode the dog is the murderer, but it is soon found out otherwise.

Click For Spoiler

2- Answer: In our last trivia session we learned that this was Mrs.Picard’s favorite episode.

Click For Spoiler

3- Answer: O'Brien replicated a scotch-flavored chewing gum in this episode.

Click For Spoiler

4- Answer: The ahnwoon and the lirpa were both used in this episode.

Click For Spoiler

Starships

0.5- Answer: This starship tried to distract Chang from attacking the Enterprise at Khitomer.

Click For Spoiler

Double Jeopardy- Answer: This Enterprise is an Ambassador class starship.

Click For Spoiler

2- Answer: This was where Miles O'Brien was posted during the Cardassian war.

Click For Spoiler

3- Answer: It was commanded by Robert DeSoto; Riker's posting prior to Enterprise-D.

Click For Spoiler

4- Answer: This starship was named after a astronomical artist, who's first name was Chesley and was trained as a architect. Chesley's last work was for Arthur C. Clarke. The starship by this name was lost in the battle of Wolf 359

Click For Spoiler

Holodeck

0.5- Answer: In Torres 2-1-6, Torres has combat with the soldiers of THIS alien race.

Click For Spoiler

1- Answer: This holoprogram is a game that uses phasers to control the moment of a puck.

Click For Spoiler

2- Answer: In Program Paris Alpha-1, this car is present.

Click For Spoiler

3- Answer: Romulan Admiral Jarok was taken to the holodeck to see this Valley on Romulus.

Click For Spoiler

4- Answer: In this brain teaser holoprogram you must make the multicolored sphere turn into one color.

Click For Spoiler

Captains

0.5- Answer: He was the first Captain of the Enterprise.

Click For Spoiler

1- Answer: He was promoted to Captain in the episode "The Adversary."

Click For Spoiler

2- Answer: He was the Klingon Captain of the bird-of-prey Pagh on TNG's "A Matter of Honor."

Click For Spoiler

3- Answer: This Captain severed as a science offer on the U.S.S. Al-Batani.

Click For Spoiler

4- Answer: This Captain and his crew were reduced to dehydrated crystals by an ancient bacteriological warfare agent.

Click For Spoiler

*My mistake. I seem to keep confusing this becasue this is not the first time I made the same mistake.

Master Q

I want to thank everyone that participated. I also want to give my many thanks to Alterego who helped me with updating the Jeopardy board on the portal/homepage. It was a first try at Jeopardy, so we had a few glitches. A few times someone buzzed in faster then someone else and then I gave the second person the go ahead, which was completely my fault. I think when I tired to click the first username I clicked the second as your username went up in the chat room. I should have waited a bit longer then that would not have happened. So I'm so sorry about that. Also, I should have been better prepared when I was trying to keep scores at the same time I was going back and forth between the chat room and my MS-Word document that has all the answers and questions. But even with its problems I think it was fun. It was a first try, next time I think we will filter more of the problems and glitches out.

I would really like all of your honest answers and your constrictive criticism. What are the problems you noticed? Did you like playing Jeopardy? Would you like to have them more often versus once in a great while...? How does Jeopardy compare to the normal trivia session...? Do you think I should up the points a tinny bit...? What do you think I should do with those that lost points?

drwho42

+18.25

Rick_Alverado

+11.5

Cougar

+8.75

David_R._George_III

+3

WEAREBORG4102

+1

sea_trooper

+0.5

Alterego

+0.5

ussacclaim

0 [broke out neutral]

capt_picard

Neroli-Chasser

Master Q

ussacclaim

0 [broke out neutral]

267237[/snapback]

HAHAHAHA!! Just call me Even Steven :P

But seriously folks. I thought this type of Trivia was fun and should be done again sometime. Hopefully I will be able to attend.

Glad you liked it, ussacclaim. :laugh:

For those that lost points (got a negative score), don't worry this time we won't subtract from your net score.

But I would like some more input.....

Would you guys like to have more Jeopardy trivia sessions as a regular event...?

Master Q