Sign in to follow this  
Frosty

Generations SE 2 DVD set

Has anyone seen the commericals yet?

I saw them Monday evening.

They're re-releasing Generations.

This time around, they're providing an alternate ending, probably the one where Kirk does not die. Plus, I don't know whether the cut footage will be inserted into the film, or as 'extras', but I do know, there is a cut scene with Riker, Worf, and Data in sick bay that should not have been cut. It's classic Riker and Worf.

BTW, A couple of years ago I managed to find all the Generations cut footage that leaked onto the net.

Anyway, just thought I'd make a post, and see if anyone has seen the commercials, or is looking forward to the new release.. I know I'm looking forward to it. :laugh:

What I'm really looking forward to is a First Contact SE 2 DVD set, but the new Generations DVDs will suffice for now.. :huh:

I had not seen the commercial yet but you prompted me to do a search and I found this:

Star Trek: Generations - Special Collector's Edition

Star Trek Generations (Special Collector's Edition)

Catalog – 1994

Street Date: September 7

Prebook Date: July 27

Paramount Television

A two-disc collectable box set containing exclusive bonus features, Star Trek: Generations - Special Collector's Edition fast forwards to the 23rd century, uniting crew members from the original series with the Next Generation crew.

Genre: Science Fiction

Stars: William Shatner, DeForest Kelley, James Doohan, George Takei, Walter Koenig, Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner. Jonathan Frakes, Malcolm McDowell

In Star Trek Generations (Special Collector's Edition), a test run takes an unexpected turn when the starship encounters two vessels trapped inside the Nexus, a mysterious energy ribbon. During a perilous rescue attempt, Kirk is swept out into space. Seven decades later, captain Jean-Luc Picard (Stewart) and the crew of Enterprise-D rescue an El Aurian physicist named Soran (McDowell). Unbeknownst to Picard, Soran harbors a deadly plan that includes the destruction of the Enterprise and millions of lives. Picard's only hope for a future lies within the Nexus.

Widescreen version enhanced for 16:9 televisions; Dolby Digital English 5.1, English and French Dolby Surround and English DTS Surround; sub-titled in English and closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired.

Audio commentary by Brannon Braga and Ron Moore and Text commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda

The Star Trek Universe (A Tribute To Matt Jefferies, The Enterprise Lineage, Captain Picard's Family Album, Creating 24th Century Weapons)

Production (Uniting Two Legends, Stellar Cartography: Creating The Illusion, Strange New Worlds: The Valley of Fire")

Visual Effects (Inside ILM: Models and Miniatures, Crashing The Enterprise)

Scene Deconstruction (Main Title Sequence, The Nexus Ribbon, Saucer Crash Sequence)

Deleted Scenes (Orbital Skydiving, Walking the Plank, Christmas With the Picards, Alternate Ending) and Archives (Storyboards, Production Gallery)

Rated PG (PG in Canada)

Running Time: 117 minutes

S.R.P.: $19.99 (C$21.99 in Canada)

B0002HDOB8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/showrelease.php3?ID=4713

Street Date 07/11/04??? :huh: Oh crap I missed reserving it (cheaper that way) Oh well. I'll pick it up first chance I get...

Guest Ktrek

The special edition has been delayed due to the packaging not having the right information. It will hopefully be just a minor delay! I'm looking forward to this cause I love Generations! When I first saw it in the theater I was not that impressed but over time and many viewings it has grown on me! :huh:

Kevin

Alterego,

Thanks for the PR info.. I sure hope there are more deleted scenes than the ones listed. IMHO, those are a fraction of the deleted scenes, there are some real good scenes that were cut.. I've got the videos on CD somewhere in my CD collection.

Ktrek,

I just saw the commercial again, I missed the date, but it seems like they said the 17th? Doesn't seem right, seeing how most DVDs and such are released on Tuesdays.. Maybe it was the 21st? I'll be on the lookout for the commercial again.

I actually enjoyed the first time I saw Generations in the movie theater. Seeing the saucer section crash into the ground on the big screen was awesome. :laugh: Yet, once I found the deleted scenes on the web, including a no Kirk death ending, I found myself not liking Generations as much. Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Star Trek Fan. TOS, TNG, and ENT. :huh:

Edited by Frosty