Sign in to follow this  
Xeroc

The War is Coming...

President Bush made a speech today at 1:00am GMT / 8:00pm EST / 5:00pm PST

He gave Saddam an ultimatum to leave the Country or be taken out. It was 48 hours or be invaded.

He will probably not take this ultimatum because: after all these years it is unlikely he will just step down and he is obviously preparing for war - i.e. dividing the country in to military districts, moving scud missile launchers in to place, massive troop movents etc.

This means the war with Iraq will happen within the next week almost for sure. (probably after the 48 hour deadline)

Also, there will be no vote in the U.N. - Bush has decided to abandon that avenue because of lacking support and too much deliberation - not a quick enough decision in the security counsel.

I watched the Presidents speech tonight and I agree with what he said.The ball is now in Saddam's court.If he truly wants to avoid war he can give up his power and leave in the next 48 hours.Thats plenty of time to pack a few momentos and clothes and leave town.

We already actually have the approval of the UN security council, the current resolutions give the U.S. authorization to take military action. I believe it was just a political move to try to get another resolution passed, a new one wasn't and isn't needed.

We already actually have the approval of the UN security council, the current resolutions give the U.S. authorization to take military action. I believe it was just a political move to try to get another resolution passed, a new one wasn't and isn't needed.

True. Like i said on the other topic regarding the war, i would have preferred the backing of the UN, but what are you supposed to do when you have the french, russians etc... who won't allow you to get it. 1441 makes it a legal war. As for SADMAN, he only shows his megalomania and utter contempt for his own people by refusing to leave Iraq and avert conflict, therefore any Iraqi civilian casualties will be his fault........ oh and have you heard the latest!!....the French would be prepared to allay themselves with us and the americans in the war if SADMAN uses chemical weapons ??????? I say get lost,we don't need or want your HELP.

One thing I find funny, Saddam said he has no chem weapons. Right? Then yesterday he said that if we attack he will use Chem weapons on our troops. If he doesn't have any how can he use them on us??

I just like the fact that french ambassador to the UN said if saddam does use those weapons he "doesn't have" than france may join in the war. right, uh uh :)

Oh, and Odai Hussein said the Bush family should step down from power, didn't know the whole Bush family was running the country. And i guess Odai would be one of his sons he hasn't killed, yet.