Sign in to follow this  
El Cid

Borg and travelig in time....

If Borg can travel in time(ST: FC) why don't they travel to 100 years back in time(on Borgs territory)? They could assimilate borg from future and with new technology....Resistance is futile!!! :b-day::b-day:

That could cause a terrible time paradox and might possibly destroy the borg. They might have tried already? :wacko:

or they could send back a ship to 40 years before the third world war, and then have it cross over into our space,

instead of coming here then going back, (leaving a convienent time wake, in there stead)

If we're going to talk about time then I'm wondering now about first Contact. Why didn't the Borg go back in time to say the 21st century in the Delta quadrant and then just come over to Earth from there, nobody would know what they're doing until it's done.

In FC, I think that the travelling back in time thing was a last resort. They probably expected to assimilate Eart fairly easily, what with the Dominion War going on. So they probably thought, "Starfleet is spread out pretty thin, this is the best time to attack." They didn't count on Picard being able to hear them, and thus learning their weak-spot. The time-travel bit, like I said, was probably a last resort, as well as a quick decision based upon their options. If that had been their plan all along, they wouldn't have needed to go to Earth in the first place.

Also, though they could manipulate when they went, they probably couldn't manipulate where they ended up. The way I see it, just before the warp test was the best option for them. If they went back further, humans would have been technologically inferior, but they used projectile weapons, which they couldn't adapt to. Presumably, while they could destroy a missile before it got to them, if they beamed down to the surface there's nothing they could do against a M-16, or any lead-projectile gun for that matter.

Edited by wishfire