Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

Dominion Ships

Did the dominion ever advance thier ships in technology or weaponry since thier first encounter with the Federation? I mean here is this jem'hadar war ship that is all powerful and is able to disable a galaxy class ship in one shot. Not only that, but then they are willing to show how far they are willing to go with a suicide run. Unfortunatly, as the series went on, it seemed like those ships got weaker. Yes it's true that the federation were able to advance (And they had the overpowered and outguned defiant) but why were the Dominion ships so easy to beat later on. One would think there would have been more of a cold war angle to the series.

Good point g'dog I thought that as well. I always figured the Federation ships had some how figured out their shield modulations and other weak spots on the Dominion ships, while at the same time changing Federation ships to ward off Dominion attacks.

Yeah I guess they did get weaker huh. Allot of Fed enemies seem to do that, it's one of the things Trek detractors always bring up to me as a reason Trek sucks but they fail (and refuse) to realise the same thing happens on shows they like; the good guys always win. I prefer the way Trek does it though because with most all other shows the hero is almost always a single person or small group whereas on Trek their enemys are weakened and ultimately defeated by Humanity (and their allies) working as a team for the common good.

I beleive the Jem'Hadar had the upper hand with the Oddessy was becaus e the Federation had never encountered phased polaron beams before, so had no defense.

Due to this encounter, Starfleet must have totally amped up projects to defend against this weapon, which explains the expansion of DS9's defenses which helped in "Call to Arms."

As for the Dominion not getting better ships, here may be a reson or two.

They may not have had the facilities needed in the Alpha Quadrant and couldn't call for more becasue of the minefield, etc. or--

the Dominion think quantity is better than quality since they can clone more Jem'Hadar and Vorta and have a lot of resources to construct more vessels.

I think this happened with the borg too. How could Voyager survive against a Borg Cube if 39 ships couldn't at wolf 359?

Those are all good assumptions and such...

But I think some of us can agree that maybe just once, the bad guys should win...

And maybe I'm the only one who thinks the Dominion should have won this war...heh.

If only Section 31 hadn't interfered by giving the virus to the Founders...

I think the Romulan Empire should of joined the Dominion and destroyed the Federation.

257190[/snapback]

*Whispers*

SHSHSHSHHH!

Don't reveal our plans to everyone! B)

:b-day::b-day: B)

I think the Romulan Empire should of joined the Dominion and destroyed the Federation.

257190[/snapback]

Yeah, it was only by political sabotage really that the Romulans joined the Alliance. Still, I would hate to see the Federation defeated.

There was a reference to a Borg victory in their 3/4th season invasion of TNG, made me sad to hear it in "Parallels". Good thing it was only a possible future

I think it would be nice ti see the UFP die, even if it's for just a season or two. They'll come back, of course.