Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Star Trek XI

OK, with all these polls, threads, debates, guesses, and so forth about the future of the film franchise... I thought we should start a thread about the 11th movie.

Here, we can share our ideas in a friendly environment! :o

Personally, I've enjoyed all 10 movies. While I want a DS9 or VOY movie, I'll enjoy whatever comes out, provided it's not a new cast!

Is anyone else with me in not liking the idea of a new cast for the movies?

When I go see a Star Trek movie, I'm going to see a movie based on my favorite tv show - Star Trek. If it's a new cast of characters and such... how can it be based on the tv show?

I agree as well. No new cast. Something I also don't want to see is the series to fast forward a couple of centuries (Ebert's idea.) My vote is for a mixed cast from tgn, ds9 and voy...and if anyone who's willing from tos as well.

A new cast would not be good at all, they would have to introduce them for the most part of the movie.. Most of those who watch the Trek movies have already seen at least some episodes from the series, so the characters are already known. That can free a lot of time that normally would have been needed to present the characters.

I think it's time for DS9 to continue where TNG finished.

I would like the Next Generation to take part in the next film. I have two ideas for a story.

1. A film involving Q, this would be good as the new officers on the Enterprise could be the device that Picard uses to explain the past history to the audience.

2. A film involving the memories that Data passed on to B4. They could be downloaded into the Enterprise mainframe in an attempt to bring Data back, then Data's apparent personality could emerge and begin to take over the computer and the ship in a HAL sort of way. In the end the crew would realise that the being that they created was not actually Data, as his memories alone do not equal his essence, therefore this is a new life form that has become power-hungry with ambitions to take over the ship as an extension of itself and then to control the Galaxy. Of course the only thing that stands in its way would be the crew of the USS Enterprise and Captain Riker with his ship.

Which do you think is the best idea and do you have any others?

Personally I like the second idea! :laugh:

but you make Data's memeorys sound more like Lore than Data. Data was never really driven by ambition. One of the reasons that he stayed where he was for so long could be a factor in that.

taking over the ship sound interesting, but power hungry? :)

but you make Data's memeorys sound more like Lore than Data. Data was never really driven by ambition. One of the reasons that he stayed where he was for so long could be a factor in that.

taking over the ship sound interesting, but power hungry?  :)

I agree with Lessa, what you have proposed does NOT sound like Data at all, definately more like Lore.

taking over the ship sound interesting, but power hungry?  :)

Yeah, but remember that the being in my idea would not actually be Data, but be created from the memories that he downloaded to B4 (Not necessarily complete). The basis of this idea would be to show that we cannot play God and that the memories of the man do not entirely equal what he was.

I say..make a New TNG Film...Directed By Nicholas Meyer....doesn't matter who writes it...Just Let Meyer Direct it  :)

i want one last TNG FILM DIRECTED AND WRITTEN BY JONATHAN FRAKES!!

or nicholas meyer directing and frakes writting.

heres my story:

picard develops a terrible illness and is dying. he calls together the old crew of tng to say goodbye and [insert plot-lines here]. i like the data take over enterprise story. [insert it here]. lol. then by the end of the movie picard must sacrifice his life to save the ship and to get rid of data's memories (hes dying anyways). [insert credits here]

I say..make a New TNG Film...Directed By Nicholas Meyer....doesn't matter who writes it...Just Let Meyer Direct it  :)

i want one last TNG FILM DIRECTED AND WRITTEN BY JONATHAN FRAKES!!

or nicholas meyer directing and frakes writting.

heres my story:

picard develops a terrible illness and is dying. he calls together the old crew of tng to say goodbye and [insert plot-lines here]. i like the data take over enterprise story. [insert it here]. lol. then by the end of the movie picard must sacrifice his life to save the ship and to get rid of data's memories (hes dying anyways). [insert credits here]

Picard's dieing, Data comes back to life only to die again? Too depressing! :) Everyone says goodbye? Sorry, but that'd make a borring movie. You really only need a 5-min scene for everyone to depart, that or have one of the themes in the movie being "their last adventure" or something.

Thank you bysty for liking my idea. I think it would be good as it could be a cross between HAL in 2001 and Alien, with lots of dark corridors with the computer sending out holo-monsters after the crew. It would also show that with all the technology at their disposal that they still could not bring people back from the dead and that in an attempt to do so they fail to bring back Data and instead create something much worse.

The idea of Picard's impending death is an interesting idea that has not been done before. The only thing that I would say is that I think it would come too close in movie order to Data's death, as one death after another is a bit tough, that is why I think it would be better to hold on to this sub-plot for perhaps one or two films.

Thank you bysty for liking my idea. I think it would be good as it could be a cross between HAL in 2001 and Alien, with lots of dark corridors with the computer sending out holo-monsters after the crew. It would also show that with all the technology at their disposal that they still could not bring people back from the dead and that in an attempt to do so they fail to bring back Data and instead create something much worse.

The idea of Picard's impending death is an interesting idea that has not been done before. The only thing that I would say is that I think it would come too close in movie order to Data's death, as one death after another is a bit tough, that is why I think it would be better to hold on to this sub-plot for perhaps one or two films.

ya i guess that would be a bit depressing. i just think that if they do make another tng movie (please please please! lol. :D ) that it would be too hard to make another one after that. if they are able to make a plot and pull together all the actors, then it should be the last time. i just think picard should be portrayed weak at the beginning of the movie, then go out in a blaze of fury. i guess keeping him alive would be okay too because that would leave room for cameos in future star trek movies. ill just have to wait and see how the writers for star trek do it. (i know there will be another tng movie! i know it!!! lol. :wow: )

:martok: I love this message board..I like the Q idea..I have a feeling though that because Data has become such a central figure..especialy in the end of Nemesis that if there were to be a DS9 movie that Spiner as B4 would be in it..so that the "torch" could be passed..I'n not sure I like the idea of him taking over the Enterprise just because I want to see DS9 on the bog screen..even though someone else has already mentioned that their ratings aren't good enough to merit a movie. Maybe Q can join Sisko in wherever he is and just be his pesky self..If they want to include Voyager as well they could simply play on Q's infatuation w/ Janeway.