Sign in to follow this  
tbree_dVelnahr

Spock and Marriage

There is a novel out there currently, VULCAN'S HEART which shows Spock getting married, but the ceremony is from a distance, being from another's perspective and we don't get to know the hows and whys of the union, nor do we really "see" the ceremony.

So, I ask- how many of you think Spock would get married,(whether or not you agree to Saavik as his bride), and how many would like to see the "inside" story of this moment?

Through canon we have learned that not only does Spock have emotions, but once in awhile they peep through his practised shield of reserve. Not only that, but he seems to have grown more comfortable in his own skin by the time Star Trek V rolls around. What might he go through in choosing his bride, becoming betrothed to her and then finally, what about that short ceremony we were promised in "Amok Time"? What would the actual Vulcan marriage ritual be like?

Am I the only one out there interested in this story? Or should I continue to work on it and post it here?

Your opinions are most welcome and appreciated. Thank you.

T'Bree

I don't think he has a wife. You do have to consider that he is pretty old by the time that Star trek V rolls around. It can nly be speculation as nothing of the sort is mentioned in Unification.

I don't think he has a wife. You do have to consider that he is pretty old by the time that Star trek V rolls around. It can nly be speculation as nothing of the sort is mentioned in Unification.

Two things: It is logical that Spock take a wife at some point, inasmuch as he has to cope with Pon farr every seven years IE he must mate or die. Secondly, in the TNG episode, "Sarek" Picard stated that he met the elderly ambassador at his son's wedding. Now, unless there is still another son of Sarek we haven't yet been introduced to, we can rule out Sybok and that leaves Spock. As for his age . . . Vulcans tend to live about twice as long as humans. Certainly age never stopped Sarek from taking a second wife. And in fact, he was around Spock's age when he married Amanda, Spock's mother.

So, I cannot accept your argument, as stated, but I appreciate your reply.

T'Bree

Edited by tbree_dVelnahr

I would think that Spock would marry. I doubt that the bride would be Saavik as I always felt that he was a *foster or adoptive* father to her.