Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Star Wars Episode III title is...

.............................REVENGE OF THE SITH........................

George Lucas announced the title today at the San Diego Comic Convention

:laugh: Cool :)

Andorian_Grey said it was going to be titled: The Creeping Fear...

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Seeing how this is about the rise of the empire, doesn't that title seem, i don't know, wrong? That just sounds backwards to me, seeing as how the last sith was supposedly killed in episode 1. :laugh:

Well.. This May Be True For Dooku And Vader(Which Is Highly Debated., But Sidious Is A Sith.

And To George Lucas, They're All Sith And It's His Movie :laugh:

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

I think if you look real closely and watch the first 3 (or next 3? :laugh:) movies, you'll notice that sidious is palpatine. For example is the way in which both sidious and palpatine show themselves, using basically the same holoprojection and both in basically the same robe, even the voices are basically the same :).

George Lucas sucks at titles. They sure are never very descriptive. Oh well. It fits in with the rest of them.

The Revenge of the Sith

The Return of the Jedi

The Empire Strikes Back

See a common pattern? Lol.

I think if you look real closely and watch the first 3 (or next 3? :)) movies, you'll notice that sidious is palpatine.

No Bantha Poodoo Sherlock :)

Anyhoo...That's Been Highly Debated Too...Oddly Enough... :laugh:

That's under debate? I thought it was obvious :) :) .

They're either the same person or some cloning was done, which might explain how Yoda couldn't detect that "Palpatine" was evil, even while sitting about only six feet away from him.

:laugh: :)

Edited by The King

George Lucas sucks at titles. They sure are never very descriptive. Oh well. It fits in with the rest of them.

The Revenge of the Sith

The Return of the Jedi

The Empire Strikes Back

See a common pattern? Lol.

Actually, they are descriptive, bysty. They're just descriptive in a more overall, sweeping sense. There was a phantom menace in Episode I. There was an attack of clones in Episode II. The Sith will have revenge in Episode III. A new hope arises in Episode IV, and so on. There's nothing wrong with being basic; it's just the SW style. The SW movies have always been slightly old school sci-fi campy, and it's deliberate. The titles are part of that.

Star Trek has its basic names as well - in among the rather poetic "Is There In Truth No Beauty?", "And the Children Shall Lead", and "For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky" we also have the outrageously plain "The Enterprise Incident", "The Tholian Web", and the always wince-inducing "Spock's Brain". The same goes for each of the series. Some names are beautifully evocative, some are "Just the facts, ma'am." Personally, I think each style has its place, both in ST and SW. :laugh:

They are not the same person! They are two different multi-celled organisms. Palpatine is the politician and Sidious is the evil guy! If you look at it closely, you will figure that they are completely different! In one year, I'll prove it to you all! Betcha 5000 space bucks!

They're Both Iam McDiramid...So Technicly, They Are The Sam Person :laugh:

And Even If The Clone Theory Is Right...Still Sorta The Same Person.

So...Did Sidious Go On To Call Himself Palpatine In ROTJ, Or Did Palpatine Decide To Look Like Sidous In ROTJ?

I Know They Never Say His Name, But He Was Named In The Script I Think.