Sign in to follow this  
Trinneergirl

Conspiracy Theory?

From the Berman interview from the latest Star Trek mag (UK)...

STM: Lets get to the questions. This one comes from Vikki, who has a theory: Is the captain of the Enterprise NX-01 named Archer because the show started in 2001 and in Arthur C Clarke's 2001: A Space Oddyssey the captain is Dave Bowman? In other words, does Bowman = Archer?

Berman: It's a delightful conspiracy theory, but there is no connection.

MMMMnnnn. Actually Rick, me old china, it was a random thought, not a conspiracy theory, but it's nice to be called delightful. It was even nicer for STM to spell my damn name right!!

But, do you know, although I have mooted this line of thought to several boards, I've no recollection at all of ever sending it in to STM to ask Berman about! :look:

Weird. :(

Do you ever get the feeling that, although you are in control of the horizontal, someone else is controlling the vertical?? :look:

It kind of looks like someone named Berman is a little wee paranoid...

How is that a conspiracy theory?

:look:

Hey, just because I could pass the guy in the street and not recognise him doesn't mean I'm not out to get him. :look::look:

I notice that Enterprise has a character called Archer....

I notice that 2001: ASO has a character called Bowman...

Enterprise started in 2001....

So....

Clearly, Arthur C. Clarke and I are in it to grab the franchise off Berman! It's a carefully crafted plot, (with Clarke it would have to be), to bring about the subjugation of the whole TREK EMPIRE!!!

Mwa ha ha!

Yup. It was Art and me on the grassy knoll too. :(

And we faked that Moon landing.

Edited by Trinneergirl

Sorry Red Shirt Volunteer,

I didn't mean to be a Berman basher. I was just trying to make a light hearted response.

I still think being called 'delightful' by Rick Berman is a great compliment' :look:

Sorry Red Shirt Volunteer,

I didn't mean to be a Berman basher.  I was just trying to make a light hearted response.

I still think being called 'delightful' by Rick Berman is a great compliment' :eekout:

Hi Trineergirl,

No need to apologise because I didn't think you were bashing. I know you're a fan of the show. I just thought a few people might jump on those words and start bashing, as happens on occasion. Maybe I jumped the gun myself.

Cheers,

Red Shirt Volunteer