Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Elvis Presley

I just finished watching a show about Elvis, I've been a fan since before my memory begins and every time I hear his voice I am struck by how pure it was. In my opinion he had the most pure voice of any modern singer ever.

I just wanted to share that thought.

Not to sound rude but why does everyone like elvis. Where I live no one speaks of him. He almost kindoff scares me. How did he get so famous? I know there the mystery of him being alive? I hope you aren't offended it just surprises how some people can't live without him and I never speak of him. :D

Not to sound rude but why does everyone like elvis. Where I live no one speaks of him. He almost kindoff scares me. How did he get so famous? I know there the mystery of him being alive? I hope you aren't offended it just surprises how some people can't live without him and I never speak of him. :D

It isn't rude, some people don't like him.

Have you ever listened to his music? Chances arem that without Elvis your favorite form of music wouldn't be what it is now.

If you sit down and listen to his voice you will understand the purity in it. I am sure when you think of Elvis you think of the over weight man in a jumpsuit that liked fried peanut butter and banana sandwhiches. When I think of Elvis I think of his incredible voice.

Think about it, the man's been dead for 25 years and last year he had a #1 hit for 3 or 4 weeks. Then had a #1 album in a large number of countries all around the world for another 3 to 6 weeks. His albums have sold over a billion world wide and are translated into every language.

There was more to him then what you may have seen on the surface.

Someday you will understand, everybody comes around sooner or later and gets it, just a matter of time before you hear a song that touches your soul and you say Elvis was King!

For me it was Cuz i was a teen with Hormones *well still am* and Elvis was HOTT in his Youth but his music is great as well.. it might be the kinda thing u have to have listened to alot.. like my mom played him all the time as a kid...

-Laur :D

I've herd his songs there ok it's just people say he was on crack and make him sound like god. If he is alive is there a reason he's hiding?

Elvis didn't use illegal drugs of any kind, he did abuse prescription drugs but that's a far cry from crack.

As for if he's alive or not, there's A LOT of debate about that. While I believe he died in 1977 there are plausible arguments to point to the possibility he is alive. As to why he would hide? Well, he wasn't like the "stars" of today. They can go out to dinner, or to the movies or whatever. Elvis wasn't able to do those things. Elvis was the kind of "Star" the stars screamed for and went wild for. All of the biggest stars of his time would ask for autographs and pictures and the like. So if the stars treated him like that imagine how every day people acted.

This is a man, that on a whims notice went to the White House. Didn't call first, just went. Went to the gates, told the secret service he wanted to see the President.... and got in! Not only did he get in to meet with Nixon, Nixon named him a Federal Agent of the DEA. While there Nixon gave him some small gifts as momentos of his visit. Elvis thanked him and then "suggested" that President Nixon also get some things for his bodyguards as well. Which Nixon did. Elvis then "suggested" that he might also get some things for his Bodyguards wives... Which Nixon did. Elvis had the President of the United States running errands for him IN the oval office! His (Elvis') bodyguards were astounded. After all this what do you think Nixon did? He asked for an autograph.....

Elvis is also one of the only Non-Secret Service people to be able to go into the Oval Office with a loaded gun (Which he gave to Nixon as a gift).

So don't think of Elvis like you might think of {insert modern stars name here}.

I just watched this special again and every time I see him sing "Peace In The Valley" on the Ed Sullivan show it sends chills down my spine! Just awesome!