Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

All Good Things...

I forgot to post this on the proper day, so this is just a few days late. May 23rd marked the 10th year since Star Trek: The Next Generation aired it's final weekly episode.

I remember feeling saddened by it's passing, but excited for the future of the franchise at the same time. Generations was yet to come, we had DS9 and Voyager was less then a year away from launching into the Delta Quadrant.

Now, 10 years later DS9 has ended it's 7 season run as has Voyager. We've had "Generations", "First Contact", "Insurrection" and "Nemesis" and now we are moving strongly into the 4th season of Star Trek: Enterprise.

Time sure does move quickly, it seems like only yesterday that Picard was trying to figure out what was going on at Far Point and here we are 17 years after the 1701-D was launched which was a mere 18 years after the NCC 1710 ceased operation in 1969.

In all there have been 5 series since 1966, TOS ran from 1966 to 1969 and aired 79 episodes over 3 seasons. TNG ran 1987 to 1994 and aired 178 episodes over 7 seasons. DS9 ran from 1993 to 1999 and aired 176 episodes over 7 seasons, and Voyager ran from 1995 to 2001 and aired 172 episodes over 7 seasons.

Now Star Trek: Enterprise has run 3 full seasons and aired 76 Episodes and will begin it's 4th season in the fall of 2004.

That makes a total 681 Episodes of Star Trek during 27 seasons (not counting the movies and TAS).

Surely no other Television franchise can even try to lay claim to the kind of longevity that is Star Trek.

I never really knew TOS crew, but for as long as TNG crew have been going were no man has gone before i've been alive and watching, i truly miss it, the same goes for DS9 and VOY.

BTW the total is 24 seasons = 3 +7 = 10 + 7 + 7 =24

BTW the total is 24 seasons = 3 +7 = 10 + 7 + 7 =24

I don't believe that you are counting Enterprise's 3 seasons which brings the total to 27 seasons..

It's amazing when we look back at how long Star Trek has been on and how many episodes and movies have been made..Truly a remarkable accomplishment..

Oh yeh sorry.

Amate of mine recently asked how many trek eps are there, i said a few hundred, i think the word 'few' was an understatement!

What's amazing to me is how faster time has gone by since Trek returned, those years between TOS and TNG seemed like an eternity compared to the years since TNG premiered.

Life goes better with Trek!

You forgot about TAS!!!

TAS was entertaining how cheesey it was....

:waaaa:

The time has gone so quickly. Wow 681 episodes.

I remember watching "Encounter at far point" before it came on I thought there was no way it could be as good as TOS (which I loved) then the episode started and I was hooked. After watching "All good things" I was sad for weeks.

The Star Trek franchise really is wonderful I can't imagine my life without Trek. :blink:

As one who has been here the whole 27 years, and during the years of just reruns of TOS, and movies, I can only say that I hope I will always have the opportunity to enjoy some new Star Trek series. I hope Enterpise lasts, and the franchise continues to put out new movies/series.

I am a year young than Wil Wheaton. For me I have a TNG for half of my life.

Hopefully ENT will make it also to a 7 season and perhaps a 8