Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Stanley Cup Finals - Lightning V Flames

Let's hear your predictions. I'm torn. As much as I would like the Cup to be in Canada, I have a real soft spot for Tampa Bay (or should I say Nikolai Khabibulun). I'll have to wait until the first goal is scored in game one to see how I react.

This is a tough final to pick. They are both awesome teams. Tampa Bay has been great all year long and Calgary has put in an amazing playoff performance (taking out all three division winners in the West, wow). I think Tampa has more talent but I think Clagray has proven they have the will to win (they've played with an incrediblely determined game). I'm going to take Calgary to win in a hard fought, entertaining series that goes to 7 games.

I won't be too disappointed if Tampa wins because of Dave Andreychuk. He's been playing for 23 years and this is his first final.

I'd just like to say to v_seven and any other Calgary fans that your fans have done your city proud. They are amazing dedicated and have created a great atmosphere. The city of Calgary is a great hockey town and deserves a Cup.

Plus, Calgary winning would be Bettman's worst nightmare. A small market Canadian team. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

DAMMIT! Tampa won!

GRRRRRR!! Oh well. I KNOW CALGARY WILL WIN THE 7th! I HAVE FAITH IN CANADA!

I thought for sure Calgary would pull it out. Oh well, I still believe that Calgary can make Bettman's worst nightmare a reality. Let's go FLAMES!

I agree Takara, I have also found myself cheering for Tampa Bay but would also not be upset if Calgary wins!....I was hoping for a seventh game anyway since I was not able to see the game tonight since I was out at a CFL pre-season football game....and so that I can laugh at the Calgary fans who act is if the team has already won which really irritates me (lets see how fast a celebration can turn into a riot!..:(!)

Anyways, lets hope game seven is a classic!

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning!!! It was a great game - both teams played super hockey throughout the playoffs and the true fans of the sports were the big winners.

Congratulations to Brad Richards for being named the Conn Smythe Trophy winner! I think it will be some time before anyone breaks his record for the most game winning goals in the playoffs. It is truly amazing that the Lightning have not lost a game (regular season or playoff game) when he has scored a goal.

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning!. I agree yet again Takara, I also thought it was a great game.

However, My congratulations go to Dave Andreychuk...I remember watching this guy when I first started following hockey back when I was 7 (1988-89) and for him to finally win the Stanley Cup after 22 years...it is a great story!

Just one question from a Calgary standpoint....where was Jerome Iginla?..Except for a brief time during the third period I hardly noticed him or his name being called by the announcers on CBC!

Edited by Sman

Congratulations to the Tampa Bay Lightning!. I agree yet again Takara, I also thought it was a great game.

However, My congratulations go to Dave Andreychuk...I remember watching this guy when I first started following hockey back when I was 7 (1988-89) and for him to finally win the Stanley Cup after 22 years...it is a great story!

Just one question from a Calgary standpoint....where was Jerome Iginla?..Except for a brief time during the third period I hardly noticed him or his name being called by the announcers on CBC!

I get to agree with you regarding Dave Andreychuk. It was really great seeing him hoist the Cup over his head.

As for Jerome Iginla, I think the answer to your question is Pavel Kubina. I had turned for a millisecond to the ABC coverage between periods and one of their commentators actually said something I agreed with (lol). He was pointing out that Calgary didn't have a "flashy" centre to play on the same line with Iginla - someone who would pull guys off of covering Iginla. With the amount of attention that the other teams gave to Iginla throughout the playoff he handled it very well (although I wished he hadn't whined about a couple of things to the refs and the press).

The only thing I like about Tampa Bay winning is Dave Andreychuk getting his first Stanley Cup. Calgary probably actually won the Cup in Game 6. I know that goal is inconclusive but it appears to be across the line and it would count. Calgary also got screwed again last night. I realize they were already losing but no way a penalty should be called in the last minute of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final. Calgary may have had a shot had it not been for that call and by the time the even up call came it was too late. Well, not that I'm suprised. Kerry Fraser has screwed other Canadian teams out of chances of Cup, and there is no way that little fink Bettman would let Calgary have a Cup. The ironic thing is that once the NHL comes back from a lockout (and there will be a lockout), the Lightning may no longer exist or if they do they may not be in Tampa.