Sign in to follow this  

Do Not Go To Uniway

Uniway is a membership club. You can get wholesale cost...for a fee from a bunch of crooks. what they say

Anyway....

I was rebuilding. I worked for a Rent a Center (where I already had access to wholesale cost) But, I was looking for a bedroom group. I saw an Ashley Furniture truck in the back of the building, so I thought they were a furniture company. I went there on my day off, and was given a tour by THE best salesperson I have ever encountered in my life.

An hour later, they seperated everyone on the tour so we couldnt talk amongst ourselves. I was high pressured into signing the contract without reading it. (I'm an idiot) The salesman basically told me that the contract was just a formality that said that I wanted their service. I told him that I didn't have the money today, and he told me that if I didn't do it now, I wouldn't have the oppourtunuity to do it again. I went home, and dipped into my RENT money, and came back.

A couple weeks later, I decided that I didn't want their service. (I still had not used their service) I then called them, and told them that I wanted to opt out of the contract, and that I had not used, and did not intend to use it. They told me that it didn't matter. It was a binding contract, and if I didn't give them the money ($1800)that they would turn it over to collections, and/or an attorney.

They also told me that they have contracts from MILITARY families, who got deployed over seas, and had never used the service, but they are still paying to avoid legal action. That is TERRIBLE! I never accepted their calls again, but they called 2-3 times a day, demanding my payment, and threatening legal action for a service that I NEVER EVEN USED! I can understand if I HAD used their service. What they are doing is immoral, and I hope that in the long run, they get what they deserve.

more opinions

*****note... I have nothing against Ashley Furniture. The website wrote that title. I have asked them to remove Ashley from that title, and they have not.

Contact the Better Business Bureau and lodge a complaint. Don't worry about not paying as you didn't use the service and they're out nothing. If they threaten to put it on your credit report it can be explain away by having a notation put on your report about a complaint you lodge with the BBB about them. After you lodge the complaint about them you may discover Uniway will be nicer to you and will try to *resolve* your conplaint as the need to stay on the good side of the BBB to stay in business.

Since they are doing this with the military's families, i think that makes them liable for a lawsuit under government rules, am i right? I think they're breaking some law by doing this and to claim it's ok because it's on a contract means nada since a service was not used/provided. I heard something about this i think on a prior case.