Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

The Way Of The Warrior

Many thanks to Spike's Trek Uncut Friday night, otherwise I would have had to wait awhile!

Anyway, this epidoe was excellent. Politically this episode was a disaster. A governments falls, peace treaties are broken, provisional governments attacked. Dukat AND Garak fighting together! :( (That part was great btw)

Not to mention the battle outside the station. This is definately first or second on my list of best battles so far, involving both space and ground combat.

One thing they didn't mention was the number of casualties.

How many do you think there were and post any thoughts you had about the episodes to if you like.

Well, a lot of klingon battlecruisers and bop were destroyed.. The BC probably had a crew of at least 300.. so I would say, a lot.

It is indeed a great battle, but what I like best about the episode is Worf and his moral struggle between his people and Starfleet..

I agree the episode was awesome. I liked the battle scenes. I also liked the struggle that Worf faced. He was torn between Starfleet and his people-Klingons. Indeed this episode was filled with many scenes of battles between the Federation and Klingons.

If I were born during this time when all heck broke loose then I would go down fighting like an honorable Klingon. I would be a human female of course. Let's look at it this way: if an enemy comes knocking then it would be my job to go down fighting. I wouldn't run and hide;I'd stay and fight to protect my home. My friend said I was weird for wanting to live in the 24th Century. I think it would be interesting to live durning the late 2370's. I of course would be at Least 21 years old at the time of the Dominion War. (Station Deep Space Nine) :dude:

Yes, great episode. I think this episode, which was the first one of Season 4 was a turning point for DS9. Not that it needed to turn, but it "turned it up a notch". The addition of Worf was brilliant for the character possibilities and story arcs that could be created.

For the battle scenes, I remember an interview with Ira Steven Behr where he said that when they shot the hand to hand combat shots that everyone wanted to be on the set for that. He sait it was a great day. He also said that it became a bit of a "task" to top the previous space battle scene and make the next one even bigger and better. They built them up nicely all the way to the end of season 7.

I don't think I'd rank this episode in my "Top 5" list but it'd be up there at least in the top 10 or 15.