Sign in to follow this  
timmy84

The Armory

They also sound like there is one on the ship, but if you pay attention, you notice that there is only two spacial torpedo tubes in there. The ship has four foward facing STorp tubes. So logically, that would mean that the armory is inbetween two tubes. So another similar room is inbetween the other one (and mabye a third for the two aft tubes).

Now if thats the case, wouldn't that mean that Enterprise has two foward photonic torpedo tubes. Even though in 'The Expanse", we clearly see only one foward tube.

And don't get me started on the fact that Enterprise only has three phase cannons, but can fire them from at least 12 differnt spots on the ship.

:lol:

Hmm, good post.

It could be that the other torpedo rooms are just torpedo rooms.

The "Armory" could be called so because it not only houses the torpedos for thos particular launchers but also weapons for the crew.

That is an interesting hypothesis.....

I think the above is right that those are just torpedo rooms and the backups are in the armory....

also I have noticed that on ent-d (in star trek ency...) that it has a backup armory

I might be wrong but I have seen it somewhere about a backup armory somewhere in Trek

Makes sense. Didn't think of that.

Now, just to point out, last not we saw Enterprise fire its aft photonic torpedos from its Spacial torpedo tubes. I can only assume that they droped the seperate tubes from "The Expanse" in favore of some sort of link up with the Photonic launcher and the Spacial tubes.

Perhaps they simply seperated the original tube coils, added extra launch coils which could be moved up/down while the main coils close the gap(if they ever go back to using the spatial torps or have them aboard and need to use those), and also added extra powers conduits for those coils. And perhaps the reason why they can fire from 12 different locations is because they have "ducts" for the phase cannons to use for position manipulation? Those 2 "sub-decks" look like they could house such "ducts".

well as we all know a newwer trek ship has a "strip" along with photonic energy amasses and then the a micr-precise "hole" is formed in the magnetic barriar of this "strip" allowing a ship to fire in any direction

mabe they have some earlier version of this?

well as we all know a newwer trek ship has a "strip" along with photonic energy amasses and then the a micr-precise "hole" is formed in the magnetic barriar of this "strip" allowing a ship to fire in any direction

mabe they have some earlier version of this?

Perhaps but really this would be post TOS technology.

As for the issue itself, I can say I ever really noticed.

They do still have spacial torpedos. We see them every time they show the armory (there calmly waiting in there launhcers to be used, and I hope they are)