Sign in to follow this  
edmcgon

Who should the Chargers pick?

What should the San Diego Chargers do with the first pick in this weekend's draft?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What should the San Diego Chargers do with the first pick in this weekend's draft?

• take QB Eli Manning
    • take OT Robert Gallery
    • take WR Larry Fitzgerald
    • trade the pick for multiple lower picks or other player(s)
    • other (specify)

As a Raiders fan, I hope the Chargers take Manning. Considering all their draft mistakes in the past, they probably will.

However, the question is what SHOULD they do. IMO, there are two good answers: (1) take Gallery, or (2) trade down for multiple lower picks.

Gallery is about as close to a "sure thing" at offensive tackle as they come. A good blocking tackle for Ladanian Tomlinson? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Regarding the second option, this is a fairly deep draft, so they could easily pick up more than one good player.

Needless to say, I would love to see the Raiders get Gallery. :bow:

I think they "should" pick Manning but after Ryan Leaf they might be a little gun shy. They really do need a leader on that team and an OT is not going to be a team's leader. The question is, is Eli Manning a leader? His brother was a smart pick for Indy but he's not his brother. He could turn out more like his father.

I think they "should" pick Manning but after Ryan Leaf they might be a little gun shy. They really do need a leader on that team and an OT is not going to be a team's leader. The question is, is Eli Manning a leader? His brother was a smart pick for Indy but he's not his brother. He could turn out more like his father.

Even better for the Raiders! :bow:

Even better for the Raiders! :)

I have my doubts that they will pick him, I think it would be a good thing for them long run though. As for the Raiders, they could use some QB help themselves (unless they already got some that I haven't heard about).

I have my doubts that they will pick him, I think it would be a good thing for them long run though. As for the Raiders, they could use some QB help themselves (unless they already got some that I haven't heard about).

I would not mind the Raiders getting Tim Couch, although I have not heard any rumors of them pursuing him.

I would not mind the Raiders getting Tim Couch, although I have not heard any rumors of them pursuing him.

I thought someone already picked COuch up. I could be wrong though since I can't think of what team that might be.

As for Eli Manning, I instantly dispise him now for pulling a John Elway with the Chargers.

I hope his career is worse then his father's now. I hope he goes the way of Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf and the like.

VBG,

I know the Packers were trying to get Couch, but nothing had been finalized the last I heard.

I hope the Chargers take Manning out of spite. Then I hope your last prediction comes true! B)

VBG,

I know the Packers were trying to get Couch, but nothing had been finalized the last I heard.

I hope the Chargers take Manning out of spite. Then I hope your last prediction comes true!  B)

That's right, that's what I was thinking of with the Packers and the talk of picking him up.

Now that Eli has done this to the chargers I can't stand to even see his face on TV. I want him to be such a loser and I would love to see the Chargers pick him out of spite and then have him hold out for the year and have to go into next year's draft and wind up going in the 2nd round or something of that sort. Or even better, trade him to some loser team (more so then the Chargers) like the Cards.

Either way I want him to flop! To go nowhere! To be nothin! (You all get the idea :b-day: )

VBG,

I hope the Chargers take Manning out of spite. Then I hope your last prediction comes true!  B)

That's right, that's what I was thinking of with the Packers and the talk of picking him up.

Now that Eli has done this to the chargers I can't stand to even see his face on TV. I want him to be such a loser and I would love to see the Chargers pick him out of spite and then have him hold out for the year and have to go into next year's draft and wind up going in the 2nd round or something of that sort. Or even better, trade him to some loser team (more so then the Chargers) like the Cards.

Either way I want him to flop! To go nowhere! To be nothin! (You all get the idea :b-day: )

If there is anything to "The Curse of the Manning Family", you may get your wish! B)

Needless to say, I would love to see the Raiders get Gallery.  B)

They got him: I'm a happy camper! :blink:

I'm just disappointed that Manning went where he wanted to go in the end. I really wanted him to be unhappy. I guess we can always hope his career has the kind of numbers another New York QB had. Joe Namath. For the reputation he had his numbers were horrible. Take that one little prediction away in that one game and Namath is a forgotten loser.

I'm just disappointed that Manning went where he wanted to go in the end. I really wanted him to be unhappy. I guess we can always hope his career has the kind of numbers another New York QB had. Joe Namath. For the reputation he had his numbers were horrible. Take that one little prediction away in that one game and Namath is a forgotten loser.

You forget that Namath was the first QB to pass for 4,000 yards in a season.

Needless to say, I would love to see the Raiders get Gallery.  :wow:

They got him: I'm a happy camper! :lol:

You forget that Namath was the first QB to pass for 4,000 yards in a season.

That's true but that same year he threw 28 INT's and only 26 TD's. His completion percentage was 52.5 with only an 8.2 yard per pass average.

Not great numbers. Impressive to go over 4000 yards, but when you put all the numbers together he should have been benched. The Jets were 8-5-1 that year (1967) and they didn't make the post season.

Take away 3 words and he quickly becomes a nobody.

Those 3 words?

"I Guarantee It"

Take that away and he's an answer in trivial pursuit.

Yes, but when you consider those three words were spoken before a Super Bowl where the Jets were an overwhelming underdog (I think the line was about 16-17 points), that was a pretty impressive accomplishment.

Yes, but when you consider those three words were spoken before a Super Bowl where the Jets were an overwhelming underdog (I think the line was about 16-17 points), that was a pretty impressive accomplishment.

An accomplishment, yes. But remove that and what else does he have to show for his career? Kind of like a one hit wonder.