Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Barry Bonds:Next Home Run King?

Stardate:214287.6

Last night Barry Bonds hit home run number 661 into Mccovey Cove in SanFransico.That home run puts him in third place on the all time homer list past his godfather and former Sanfransico great "Sey Hey" Willie Mays.

Next on the list is the great Herman "Babe" Ruth at 714 home runs.At the pace Bonds is going he should pass Ruth by the end of the season or about this time next year.After that is the Home Run King Hank Aaron at 755.There is little dispute as to wheather or not Bonds will pass Ruth unless something drastic happens.

The question is will Bonds pass Hank Aaron? He wil turn 41 in July and most players retire or there bodies give out on them when they get to 40.At his current pace Bonds would pass Aaron by the All Star Game 2 seasons from now.

I think he will pass Aaron myself.Making Barry Bonds not only the single seson home run leader but the all time leader.

Yes, he will pass Aaron. Hopefully, they put an asterisk next to the record ("due to steroids"). :flex:

probably not...

He'll retire soon

he's like 40

It's obvious he's on Andro...

Yes, he will pass Aaron. Hopefully, they put an asterisk next to the record ("due to steroids").  :roflmao:

Stardate:214298.2

LOL yeah :)

i hope he does it will be good plublicity for baseball their fanbase has been shrinking

Excuse me :) The playoffs last year set record for ratings for sports.The ALCS had higer ratings than any other sporting event on fox over the last 15 years.That includes the Superbowl,Nascar,ect.If anything its growing.

probably not...

He'll retire soon

he's like 40

It's obvious he's on Andro...

Bonds turns 41 in july.Retire? unless an injury forces him too i dont think he will tell he breaks it.

Andro?

Edited by Goose

Yes, he will pass Aaron. Hopefully, they put an asterisk next to the record ("due to steroids").  :clap:

Last time I checked, he's innocent until proven guilty.

Also, he is under so much pressure about the whole Balco thing this year that he can't afford to take staroids. With that in mind, he is off to one of the quickest starts I have ever seen in baseball, under so much immense pressure. I may be nieve, but I don't think he's taking Staroids, and I do think he will pass Aaron.

Goose, Bonds turns 40 in July.

Edited by gdog243

Stardate:214303.9

40 huh? Well either way he is old for a baseball player.Most retire around 40(although some lie about it :cough Clemens cough: :) )But unlike most at that age bonds seems to be getting better.Its kinda scary.

Honestly I have gained a little respect for Bonds back.He took back some comments he said about the Babe last year and apoloised so he is a good man again in my book and not a steriod taking n**** i was calling him earlier. :)

But is he taking steriods?.........Im gonna say no because his size hasnt changed that much.Not as dramitcly as some people who im sure are taking them namely Giambi and Shefield.

But thats another topic