Sign in to follow this  
Goose

My friends band-Burn Cell

Stardate:214254.9

A year ago a friend of mine started a band called Burn Cell.Ever since I have known him he had a lot of talent with the guitar so he decided to start one.About 3 months ago some scouts from Olympia came down and watched a few of thier shows they had here in town.They were very impressed and told them it was the best thing they have heard come out of Aberdeen/Hoquiam since Nirvana(and yes they came from Aberdeen not Seattle like people think :laugh: )so they signed a record deal and just released there first cd entitled A tooth for the Dying.

I am putting up their best song from that cd entitled "My World" for people to listen too.

Tell me what you guys think of them.Be honest.

Burn Cell-My World

Darn, my Windows Media Player keeps saying it can't find the path. I have no idea what that means, but the problem may be with my computer. I'll see if my husband can do something with it, then I'll try again.

Stardate:214257.1

Hmm i think i got the path right.When I click on it it goes straight to the song but thats probably because its on my computer :clap: I must of did something wrong Ill try to fix it :P :roflmao:

Stardate:214287.4

Well I got to work this time.I got the size down so I could upload it onto here.The problem is I had to reduce the quality to a harrible 6.5kbs a sec.So dont just click on it,save it to your computer,open it in windows movie maker and save it in high quality.Otherwise it sounds like crap.

Once again I want honest opinions.

Burn Cell-My World

Burn_Cell_My_World.WMA

honest opinions the intro is amazing (i wood like to hear wat it wood sound like if u kinda change the pitch of the guitar... if that makes sense) the recording was bad quality.. but thats not the bands fault.. the lyrics were okay, good and bad at times, plus sometimes i kind of became bored of the singers voice but all around it was a pretty good song

I think they have potential. I'd like to hear some of their other stuff. Which label have they signed with and how good is their distribution? I'd like to get a better quality copy of their recording so I can get a better feel for it, but I like what I hear so far.

Pass this link on to your friend, maybe they can get some play time:

The Edge FM.net

Stardate:214290.1

the recording was bad quality..

Yeah thats what I told them too.They sound way better live.

Which label have they signed with and how good is their distribution?

I cant remember who it was they signed with but I will try to find out.As far as I know so far it has just been distrubtured around Western Washington I think Im not sure.The Album is entitled "A tooth for the Dying"(dont ask me why they chose that name).

Pass this link on to your friend, maybe they can get some play time:

Will do.

Edited by Goose

That's great news for your friend! I am a musician myself and I know how happy I was when I got to release my first CD.

If you want my honest opinion I think they have potential, the sound is okey but I must say I think they need a new singer. He is not so bad, but his voice just doesn't fit into the type of music they play..