Sign in to follow this  
Ace

STF's 1st Official NCAA Tournament Challenge

For those who are already lost, this is about College Basketball (permission for post location pending - sports forum doesn't get much action).

Before you stop reading, there is big money involved here.

Yep, thought that would get your attention.

I know there are only a few of us die-hard college b-ball fans on here, but filling out brackets is fun for everyone, IMO. 65 teams have been invited to the "big dance", but only one can win. You just have to pick which team you think will win each game; it's that easy.

The catch? As far as I know, there is none. You just have to be 13 or older and a US resident (my apologies to members not from here :) ).

The prize? Well, if you can guess the winners better than everyone else, you win $10,000 ! I didn't check beyond that, but I think there may be other prizes involved.

Plus, it's telling me that each person can enter 5 different brackets. I've already made 4. I did this last yr as well, but ....... let's just say I didn't do so well. I'm hoping this yr will be different.

You don't have to know alot to do well. I went the technical route last yr and did poorly. A friend just went by who they liked and beat me. The main thing to know is that each team's "seed" number is next to it, with a 1 "supposedly" being the best and a 16 "supposedly" being the worst.

However, upsets (lower seed beating higher) and Cinderellas (low team doing surprisingly well) are what make the whole thing so much fun. (I'll warn you now, though. No 16 has ever beaten a 1).

Just think, a few good guesses and you could win.

Directions:

Trust me, they're not as difficult as you might think. I'm just going pretty in detail here.

Go to ESPN.com's Tournament Challenge homepage.

ESPN T C

Go to the HOW TO PLAY section...

Register for the game. (Don't worry about the personal info. If you uncheck the boxes at the bottom, they can't send you a dern thing).

After successful registration, return to where you started. Click Tournament Challenge. (Uncheck the Pontiac box). Create an entry. Fill in Loc/Nickname. Click save settings.

Fill out your bracket!!!

This is the most important part! After you've submitted your bracket, click on view bracket.

On the new screen, click CREATE OR JOIN GROUP.

In the search area, type STFNET and click search.

Once it comes up, click it, and join it (The password is STFNET ,,, same as the group name, all in caps).

That should be it!

If you have any problems or questions, let me know. I'll be happy to help if I can.

I know this is short notice, but the deadline is THIS THURSDAY AT 12:30 PM EST (I think)

If you want to make more educated guesses, you can read around on that site, or visit cbs.sportsline.com and go to men's basketball.

Happy guessing. :)

Edited by Ace