Sign in to follow this  
stoned_vulcan

Stanley Cup predictions

The playoffs havn't started but i thought that we wood get a leg up on the action ill make a more detailed prediction a little later but i think that the final will be Colorado and the Leafs, and the Avs will take it in 6

NO NO NO RED WINGS over LIGHTNING in 5

Edited by tokar

Oilers over Toronto in 4. Lol. KIDDING! The Oilers may be my team, but this year, we have no hope. Haha.

I would like to see Toronto win over Colorado in 6. That would be an exciting series and Canada could finally have the cup back.

Or Ottawa over Colorado in 7.

Go Canadian teams!

In all likelihood I believe Detroit will emerge from the West. Colorado may give them a run but in the end, Detroit is the better team. I can't see Vancouver going very far now, no matter how good they are. Missing Bertuzzi will hurt.

The East is a different story. Any team could emerge vistorious, well except for the Islanders.

Tampa will do well but I think the lack of playoff exerience may hurt them. Any one of Philadelphia, Ottawa, Boston, Toronto, New Jersey(long shot without Stevens and Rafalski) or even Montreal (hey, they're playing well). Out of those I think that likely Philadelphia or Toronto will win the conference.

I believe the final will be Detroit vs. Toronto/Philadelphia.

Of those possibilities, I hope for Toronto over Detroit in 7 (I'd be throwing up before game 7).

Oh, by the way Bysty, I'm hoping those Oilers of your's can make a late season playoff push. That way all six Canadian teams could be in the playoffs.

Oh, by the way Bysty, I'm hoping those Oilers of your's can make a late season playoff push. That way all six Canadian teams could be in the playoffs.

It would be nice, but the NHL would lose a lot of $ from American TV

if it was two Canadians teams were in the finals.....I think the bigwigs would find a

way to make it not happen :)

Just an opinion......

Of course they would prevent it v_seven. There's no way that rat Bettman (that's not a racial comment, I just hate Gary Bettman) wants two Canadian teams in the final. The NHL even has it set up so that at least half of first round games are played in the United States. The division leaders are seeded 1-3 and all Canadian teams are in the same division. So lets say Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal are the top three teams in the league in terms of points and they're all in the same division. So one would get the 1 seed, the next would 4, and the last would get five. since 1-4 get home ice, only two Canadian teams have home ice and the other spots go to American teams.

And they have prevented all-Canadian finals in the past. In 93 it could have been a Leafs-Habs final (how glorious would that have been?) but in the Toronto-L.A. series Gretzky (maybe the only time I didn't like him) high-sticks Gilmour and there's no call. Toronto was up 3-2 in the series and if the appropriate penalty had been called in Game 6, it very well could have been an all Canadian final. I'm not saying that it was a conspiracy but I wouldn't put it past Bettman.

Okay, so I'm venting (it probably bugs me more because I'm a Leaf fan) but the NHL does not want Canadian teams to be successful. It would only impede their futile attempt to sell hockey in the United States. It will never work so put teams back in Canada and fold teams that are in stupid markets. That is the only way the NHL will survive.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

I would love for a Canadian team to be in the finals. I really like Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa. That would be so amazing.

And I hope the Oil can do it too. If we could get all the Canadian teams in the playoffs, it would totally rock. First time ever wouldn't it be? But I'm not very confident. Although we did beat Ottawa last night and I was almost certain we'd lose. If we win the 10 games left, we'll make it. I sure hope we do. Ty is in net, so he's good. Tommy sucks. Colorado is a bunch of suckers. Lol.

I like your thinking! : )

I wood like to see any Canadian team in the finals but i want to see my favourite team win it again (colorado)

I just hate Gary Bettman

dont wry i hate betman too i live near toronto but im not a leafs fan the opposite i dont like them at all,

HOW DO YOU GUYS FIG THE WINGS CAN TAKE THE AVS? the avs have a much better team than the wings!

Tommy sucks

Tommy doesnt suck... and either way Abescher is prob starting in net in the playoffs

Tommy sucks

Tommy doesnt suck... and either way Abescher is prob starting in net in the playoffs

No way. I hate that guy. If we had Ty in net the whole year, we would have no worries about the playoffs. Tommy played like crap this year.

Huge victory the Oilers tonight, eh Bysty? I was pulling for them.

I've got my fingers crossed that they can pull it off. Good luck Oilers!

Huge victory the Oilers tonight, eh Bysty? I was pulling for them.

I've got my fingers crossed that they can pull it off. Good luck Oilers!

*Crosses fingers*

We can do it! I know we can! Ty Conklin rocks!