Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Crewman Cutler

Should Crewman Cutler be lost in the attack in 'Azati Prime'?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should Crewman Cutler be lost in the attack in 'Azati Prime'?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

There has been a lot of talk of killing off Crewman Cutler since the untimely and very tragic death of Kellie Waymire. Azati Prime provides an opportunity for this to happen.

I'm largely conflicted on this choice. If they were to kill off Cutler, it would finally give them a chance to honour Kellie Waymire and a final goodbye. Of course, if Cutler isn't dead then a little part of Kellie Waymire will always be with us. What is your take on this?

Yes, they certainly need to do something with the character. This seems like a good opportunity to finally pay tribute to Kellie...

I think it would be a cheap plot device. Her family has suffered enough and probably doesn't need to go through thinking about her death again. IN MY OPINION, this notion is kind of a sick obsession of Trek fans indicating they value some kind of anal need for completion within the show more than the feelings of real people. It would suffice simply to have a black screen with text dedicating any episode to her memory, perhaps the final ep of the season. It probably should've been done a long time ago (I don't recall if it has been or not). Let her rest in peace and don't drag her family through those memories again.

I must say I agree with Red Shirt Volunteer. I think it would be unnecessary to mention her at all since there is no point, let her RIP.

I have no desire to bring more sadness to her family. But Kellie was a member of the Enterprise crew and something needs to be done. Even if it is just a blank screen acknowledging Kellie's passing as Red Shirt suggests..Why is it taking them so long to do something for her?

I have no desire to bring more sadness to her family. But Kellie was a member of the Enterprise crew and something needs to be done. Even if it is just a blank screen acknowledging Kellie's passing as Red Shirt suggests..Why is it taking them so long to do something for her?

It would have been done long ago if they only wanted to honor her memory in that way.

Click for Spoiler:

I fear she will somehow be mentioned in an upcoming ep. as passed away during the attack, let's hope they don't. Edited by Stelfan

If it is done, I think that the suggestion by Commander Ericks would be the best. And while it may be unfair to drag her family this again, I think that it is only fair for the Enterprise family to say their goodbyes as well.

I would also like to see such a memorial from the prospective of my manifest. Sorry if that sounds cruel in regards to this thread.

Why are we all talking about death and misery? I say leave this subject well enough alone. Even though I never knew her, I pay my respects to her and her family. I wish to honor her memory, but lets not agrue about it here. Do it somewhere else...Im sorry, this is death and misery is driving me crazy!!

It was an unfortunate omission, but then the writers of Enterprise did not handle the response to Trip's death well, so maybe it was better they did nothing rather than do things poorly.

I still haven't gotten over this. Probably never will. It would have been different if Rick Berman didn't say in that Communicator interview that they were going to do something to honor her.. :laugh:

She will be missed

Here are some Avatars i made of her

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/tre...e/cutlerrip.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/tre...ne/cutlerme.jpg

If you use any, please credit me!

Cutler Memorial

http://www.angelfire.com/mt2/trekmachine/cutlertribute.html

356864[/snapback]

We too did a tribute to her after her death if you'd like to see it here's a link to the thread that it was in.

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?show...indpost&p=90485

I was happy to learn that her family had seen it and were pleased with it.