Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

What shows should not get spin-offs?

What drama-type shows do you think should not have, or have had, a spin-off series?

The one that comes to mind for me is ROSWELL. I just don't see how a spin-off could work. I think the best way to go is have a movie to wrap up what would have continued had season 4 been a go, and if this movie is a success, then make maybe 2 or 3 sequals.

Anywho, what original show do you like, but think it should not have a spin-off series?

Hmmm...The A-Team Perhaps

Awww, darn it! I always hoped they'd make a spinoff of the A-Team... :dude:

[The one that comes to mind for me is ROSWELL.  I just don't see how a spin-off could work.  I think the best way to go is have a movie to wrap up what would have continued had season 4 been a go, and if this movie is a success, then make maybe 2 or 3 sequals.

I love Roswell, it's like my all time favorite show ever! But I'm forced to agree that a spin off would just ruin it for me!! A movie would be really good though. I'm all over that idea!!!

There have been rumours of a 24 spinoff that would focus on Tony Almeida in another agency. If anyone saw early this season he mentioned a transfer to an agency in Virginia. (There is also a 24 video game in development! YES!)

They are also making another CSI series that would be set in New York. I think CSI is good, even though I've never really watched it. However, I think they may be risking over saturation with another series.

Edited by Jack_Bauer