Sign in to follow this  
removed

NHL PLAYOFF HOCKEY

So, who is everybody cheering for?

I WAS cheering for my favorite, and hometown team, the Edmonton Oilers, but they were just booted by Dallas in the 6th game last night. I was there. I was in my dad's season tickets, at row 8, so I was yelling at Mike Modano telling him he sucks (hehehe. i hate him! :bow: ) and he quickly turned and looked at me! I laughed for a while. He sucks. Anyways, now that Edmonton is out, I'm cheering for another hard-luck team: Anaheim Ducks. They did SO good in Detroit, beating them in the minimum of 4 games (shut-out!!!) but I think they will get killed in round 2. Oh well. If not, I might like Toronto to win (which I know isn't going to happen) or Colorado.

Anyways, who do you want win?

(PS. HOCKEY ROCKS! :D DALLAS SUCKS! :) )

Too bad about the Oilers. I usually try to cheer for the Canadian-based teams for a long as they are in it.

I like the Ducks too - Paul Kariya is great. The Avs look good - Patrick Roy always seems to be on for the playoffs and Joe Sakic rocks. Hoping Vancouver can come back all the way now that their series against St. Louis is going to 7. I hope Toronto can come back against Philly. I was glad to see the Lightning dump the Caps - I still have a hate for the Caps because something a one time owner said a long time ago about my beloved and departed Winnipeg Jets :bow: I have a tendency to hold a grudge when it comes to sports. :D

I work at a law firm in Winnipeg and one of our lawyers is Don Baizley who represents Paul Kariya, Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg and a number of other players.

wow. thats cool. that must make it easier to get an autograph. i wish the jets were still in the league. same with the nordiques. they were some of my favorites. we need more Canadian teams. and we need more hockey money in Canada. time for the government to pitch in. ive made an excuse to give them money: it encourages tourism. lol.

wow. thats cool. that must make it easier to get an autograph. i wish the jets were still in the league. same with the nordiques. they were some of my favorites. we need more Canadian teams. and we need more hockey money in Canada. time for the government to pitch in. ive made an excuse to give them money: it encourages tourism. lol.

Not really. He travels a lot and us secretaries don't feel comfortable asking him for that kind of thing. I think management would frown on it. :bow:

I lived in Calgary for a few years and worked at the Saddledome the first season the Flames played there. That was great for getting autographs!!!

*sigh* It's sad isn't it. Everyone is going Sens nuts around here..and Leaf crazy depending on who u ask..but my years in montreal have made me bitter towards all canadian teams, but i will root to whoever makes it the furthest, although I always hold out hope for The Blues.

I thought you might get a laugh from this:

THE OFFICIAL CANADIAN TEMPERATURE CONVERSION CHART

50° Fahrenheit (10° C)

Californians shiver uncontrollably.

Canadians plant gardens.

35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)

Italian Cars won't start

Canadians drive with the windows down

32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)

American water freezes

Canadian water gets thicker.

0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)

New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.

Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)

Mt. St. Helens freezes.

Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)

Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.

Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)

Ethyl alcohol Freezes.

Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg

-460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)

Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.

Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)

Hell freezes over.

The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup